Ch 16

Please leave a vote and comment your opinions about this chapter. It makes me happy when I read your comments.

Word count: 1828

*

Sucre Ambrosia was an ambitious man.  He loved exerting effort and putting in dedications that were worth mentioning in every activity he partook in. Everything he owned and everything around him had a great part in the decisions he made, and Sucre lived for discipline, for accurateness.

At eight AM sharp every working day, he'd mostly either be in the elevator or already in his office, seated on his majestic swivel chair and getting on with the day's work. He liked working, always allowing it suck him into the world of a businessman for hours, days and sometimes weeks.

Working had gained him respect in the business world, where older men reminisced about when they were in his age and were equally hardworking, younger men saw him as a healthy young man to both compete and make good interactions with, and the younger generation saw him as a good role model they could always look up to.

That was why he'd achieved so much at his age and was still never rumored in an all-woman-man saga in any magazine or gossips.

After his marriage with Monica, it was still unknown to the world that there had even been a rift between them because Sucre never let the world in on anything related to them. And that had been the strict rule that had been immediately set when he took over Petsmoni Company, before changing the name and making it an extension of Thomas industries.

Deep down, he knew it wasn't just for business extension that he had decided to extend his business down to Ontario, Canada. It was one of the few irrational steps he had taken in his twenty something years on earth. And Sucre knew he would never regret it, because it meant he could be closer to his wife and daughter.

He looked away from the representative of a partner company who was discussing a new extension deal with him in the City Breaks restaurant and brought out his ringing phone.

Sucre's eyes narrowed at the caller ID. Excusing himself from the British partner, he accepted the call.

"Boss, we have a situation." The deep voice spoke. It had a hint of urgency to it.

"Okay. What is it?"

Sucre's rule was very simple. Never interrupt his meeting except it was related to his woman, his grandmother or his daughter. They were always being watched, of course for their own safety. He wondered what Sunny had to tell him because Sucre was sure he had given Monica enough to deal with at work, just like he had been doing since the past few weeks. Was she okay?

"Mrs. Ambrosia visited your office a while ago and left with your wife." Sunny narrated briefly on the other end.

A sinister smile crept onto Sucre's face as his tensed shoulders finally relaxed, knowing that at least, she was safe. He knew his grandmother was up to something when she didn't contact him for days even though she was still in Canada.

He just thought she would have put off the crazy idea of introducing his wife to any dating site. Did she think she could take his wife away from him just because she was his grandmother?

"What's the update since then?" He asked calmly.

"Agent Ash has been following them ever since."

"When did they leave?" Sucre checked the time on his wristwatch and moved away from the entrance where he was standing. He signaled to his guest to give him a few more minutes and slowly walked to the glass window, watching random people going about their daily lives.