Ch 25

Word count: 2401

Please leave a vote and a comment. Also, share this book with your friends and family. Thank you! ♥️

My shout-out goes to Tanzania, Philippines, Philadelphia and Nigeria ♥️ comment your country name for a shout-out

*

When Sucre got out of the room and went to check on Stephanie and Dixon, they'd changed their clothes and were bringing out their home works.

He decided to quickly shower for them so he'd use that opportunity to get his mind off things.

All through washing and toweling Dixon before moving to do the same for Stephanie, his mind was on Monica as he wondered just how angry she must be with him at the moment. He let Dixon change into a comfortable house wear in his room while he changed for Stephanie in hers and told the little girl her mom would be with her soon.

After giving her the iPad and going to the spare room where his things were to make sure Dixon wasn't having any difficulty with dressing up, he finally went to the sitting room. Just then, Andrew was leaving Monica's room. Sucre instantly sat up on the chair, his body language going into defense mode as he eyed Andrew, Monica's younger brother.

They hadn't spoken since Monica magically left him four and the half years ago when she was still pregnant and he didn't know how the lad would treat him. But then again, he simply didn't care because it was Andrew and not Monica. Any other person's opinion didn't matter except Monica's.

He held a hand out. "Look-"

"You don't have to explain anything, Sucre. She told me what happened. It's saddening... but she really regrets her decision. She never told me or dad what happened after she got back from New York but she cried every night for weeks till we found out she was pregnant. That was when she told us that you hurt her and we shouldn't talk about you as you were a sore topic." Andrew explained with a glum expression.

Sucre's eyes were wide with surprise as he digested Andrew's words. She'd cried after leaving him? That meant that she had missed him too after the supposed incident.

For the hundredth time, he regretted not rushing over to Canada and just sorting things out with her. Bitterness rolled up in his gut and he wanted to beat himself up for not being more loving and trying to understand her for her actions. But it had been very hard for him at that time.

He'd been angry at her for leaving him without any explanation, and hurt, and very bitter. Especially after getting to know that she had gone to meet their college mate, Stephano Alfonsi after what she'd thought happened that night and even went to seek help from him.

That was part of why he disliked Stephano, because he was poking his nose into other people's relationship. Yet the bastard was now in a beautiful relationship with his own girlfriend whom he was totally whipped for. Kara Wilson.

Sucre heaved a sigh. "I would never hurt Monica. She is everything to me and the love I have for her is something I can't even begin to explain. She means everything to me Andrew."

Andrew could see the glum look on Sucre and he internally cringed. Love really did a number on his sister and her ex-husband. Or husband. He remembered Sucre calling Monica when he punched him earlier, meaning he probably never signed the divorce papers.

"I know that now." He nodded and heaved a sigh, stretching his hand out which Sucre grabbed for a firm handshake. "And I hold absolutely nothing against you."

Sucre scratched the nape of his neck, looking uncomfortable. He had to apologize, he'd hit him first and that too, without any clarification. "And uh... about what happened earlier, I'm extremely-"