Overprotective family

Request, sorry I may not upload for the next Couple of days as busy, enjoy
________________________________
Y/n POV
Mena and I have been dating for a little while now, we met on the set of one of his films, I was one of the dancers for a lead song. We started talking in breaks and hit it off. After a couple of dates and constant messaging he finally asked me out and we have been going strong since. The only problem is that my family haven't met him before and are very protective over me anybody hugging and holding hands especially Mena.

Mena and I are currently living in Canada, we have been living there since he film finished filming, but my family live in the US so in the next week or two we are visiting for a week.
"You excited?" I ask Mena as we are sitting on the sofa.
"Yeah I guess, just a bit nervous like anyone would" he replies. Smiling at him I gave him a hug.

A week later

Mena and I were at the airport waiting for our plane to go to see my parents. I began to get nervous and worried about what they will think of Mena, will they like him? Will they hate him? What if they disown me? All these thoughts running through my head made me not hear the notice telling us all we were ready to board the place, Mena grabbing my hand brought me back to reality as we walked to our terminal. "Were you ok back there?" He asked worriedly.
"Yeah, just thinking of all the possible things that could happen when you meet my parents" I say looking at him.
"Well I bet you they will love me" he smiled bringing my hand up and kissing it. Me smiling we walk into the plane and got our seats, me having the window of course.

After a couple of hours of flying we finally land in the US where my parents live (you can choose). Getting off the plane and collecting our belongings we walk out and find a cab and I give the lady the address of my parents house.  Putting the luggage in the back we also climb in and go. Holding Mena's hand we sit there in silence and I stare out the window, seeing all the different attractions around me that brought back memories form when I was younger, smiling I turn to see Mena also looking around and smiling, squeezing his hand I carry on looking out the window until we get to our destination.

After a couple more minutes we arrive, getting out I tip the driver and get our bags and slowly make our way up the driveway. Holding onto Mena I walk up and knock on the door, a couple of seconds later my younger sister opens the door and immediately hugs me, letting go of everything I pick her up spinning her around. Letting her back down I grab my stuff and come in followed by Mena. Walking into the living room in mmmm confronted by all me family, mum and dad sister and my cousin. Putting my bags down I introduce Mena.
"Hi everyone, I would like you to meet Mena, my boyfriend" I say.
Everyone goes quite then one by one they come up and hug him except my cousin who doesn't look too pleased.

Going upstairs and putting our bags in my room we go down and have some food as a family. Everyone was talking, but my cousin is constantly looking at Mena and I as I say on his lap making sure nothing happens. Every so often Mena would kiss my check and this didn't go unnoticed by my cousin. After having tea Mena and I go upstairs to get ready to go to bed as it's been a long day of travelling.

Getting into bed we cuddle and fall into a deep sleep. Waking up in the morning next to Mena I get up and go shower quickly. Coming back to our room Mena was up and dressed and we walked down to get some breakfast. Everyone else was already in the living room talking as we quickly ate something and joined the others. Sitting down we join the conversation and find out we are going out for a picnic.

After a little more talking we get up and get ready to go out, changing clothes and going back down to begin waking with the others. Walking down to the local park holding Mena's hand some of my family members kept giving me weird looks.

Sitting down still holding onto Mena's hand we start to eat, an awkward silence occurs and I'm sitting there trying to eat my food. Looking at Mena he gives me a worried look then begins to eat again. After finishing the awkwardness still hadn't been lifted I get up bringing Mena with me in go on some swings.
"I'm really worried" I say sitting on Mena on the swing.
" Same, I don't know if I've done something or my family just hate me. He says putting his chin on my shoulder.
"You haven't done anything, I don't really know. It maybe because your the first guy I've brought to see my parents, yeah" I say shyly.
Mena then kisses my check and carries on swinging for a bit longer. My family still staring. Walking back to sit down I finally ask what's going on.
"What's your problem!" I half screamed.
"Honey, well you've never brought anyone home with you and we are worried he's going to hurt you in anyway and I don't want that for you" my mum said.
"Yeah we don't want you hurt" others muttered.
"But I swear if he does anything to you let me know and I will hurt him" my cousin finally says. I sigh and smile "Mum, I love Mena and he loves me back, I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me and will always stand there if I need him, I'm happy with all your concerns but I'm good and happy where I am right now" smiling and looking at Mena I give him a kiss and again sit to talk. The rest of the day was us all taking and laughing and generally having a really good time. Overall our whole day was great and Mena was let into my parents house again.
________________________________
Hey, I hope you enjoyed if you want to request anything message me privately love you all ❤️