A night to remember

Y/n POV
Today was the day of the dance that my family set up for my friends and family. You see my friend Mena was attending with me after he asked me about a week ago. I have started to develop feelings for him but haven't got the courage to say anything. But let's see how tonight goes.

Me and my friend Eleanor we're getting ready for the party in my room and waiting for our 'dates' to arrive. Mine being Mena's and hers being someone called Jacob. We both walk out of her room and are met with two smartly dressed boys one being Jacob and the other Mena.

Smiling widely I walk towards Mena with my head down trying not to blush and die from embarrassment.
"My god" I hear him whisper
"Is it ok" I ask
"It's more than ok it's magnificent" he said smiling "shall we" we link arms and walk into the large room that's been decorated beautifully. Mena and I walk through the group of people and sit down. The mum and dad talks about the night and how Mena and I and Jacob and Eleanor have to share the last dance at the end.

During the whole time I could see many girls looking over at Mena and flirting and him doing the same,it kind of hurt me to see him do that despite me being his 'date' after the speech was over Mena immediately got up and went to two to those girls leaving me and not bothering to ask if I wanted to to join him. Sighing I look towards him and see him hugging and kissing the girls hands "and I thought I might of had a chance" I say quietly looking towards Jacob who looked like he was having fun I get up and join him. "Hey" I say trying not to get upset.
"Hey, you enjoying yourself especially with the prince himself" he laughed
"Mmm" I reply looking towards Mena. Jacob followed my view and saw Mena standing around a group of girls. Looking at me he puts his arm around me and gives me a hug. "It's going to be ok I promise I bet he's still going dance with you. Save the best till last" he says
"Yeah I hope so" I say sadly. The rest of the night went so slow, Mena never battered an eye lid towards me as he was too 'pre occupied' glancing at my half eaten food I push it away and rest my head on my hand still staring at Mena. Over time he kept looking towards me giving me dirty looks and eventually came over.
"What do you want, you keep staring at me and it's frightening the ladies?" Mena says angered
"I just thought you would have wanted to spend time with me" I reply
"Ha No way, your just my friend nothing more and I only just had to attend with you as no one else would" he replied snarling.

Looking away a tear rolls down my face. Looking back down he had already walked away and joined the girls again. The girls also giving me dirty looks and laughing, looking at the table and sniffling quietly I am joined by Jacob again. "I saw what happened are you ok" he asks calmly. I turn to him and just cry on his shoulder "what did I do wrong Jacob honesty I just wanted him spend time with me but I'm just a friend that can't have any feelings at all because they aren't real or no one wants to know because I'm not worth it" I say into his shoulder.

He puts his arm around me and hugs me until I stop crying. Suddenly my mum did another speech, "it is now time for the main dance can Y/n and Eleanor please make their way to the floor with your partner" you still had a chance he may want to dance with me, looking towards him he just rolls his eyes and linked arms with one of the girls and walked into the floor. Looking towards Jacob he gave me a sad face and mouthed wait until the end and then we can leave.

I sat at the back as far as possible but could still the floor unfortunately. I could see Jacob and Eleanor dancing happily, laughing and looking like they are having a good time, I look towards Mena and he too looked like he was having fun too, Mena was really close to the girl and lent in to kiss her. That made my heart break, if you haven't realised yet I do have feelings for him.

Getting up I walk through the crowd of people who have joined the dance and make my way upstairs tears rolling down my face, I stood at the top of the grand staircase and again look towards Jacob who knew what was going on and looked like he was going to kill him, he excused himself from Eleanor who knew what was going on as she looked up at me and gave me a small smile that I returned. I look again towards Mena and made direct contact his face suddenly changed when he saw how I looked and I was crying. Jacob finally made his way up to me and we walked out him also saying that Eleanor would explain to mum. I go straight to my room and collapse face first and cry my eyes out. Jacob shortly comes behind me and sits at the end of my bed. "Jacob could I be left alone"
"Yeah if you need me call me" he replies. Suddenly there was a knock at my door.....

Mena POV
The whole night is going really well I've been dancing with loads of people and forgetting completely about y/n. Over the night I kept getting a weird feeling looking around I see y/n sitting there alone I ignore her and then the girls keep saying someone is staring at us I look towards he again and went over to talk to her.
"What do you want, you keep staring at me and it's frightening the ladies?" I say angered
"I just thought you would have wanted to spend time with me" She replies
"Ha No way, your just my friend nothing more and I only just had to attend with you as no one would" I replied snarling. I walk off straight away and went back to the girls not looking at the girl crying behind me.

Later on her mum announced "it is now time for the main dance can Y/n and Eleanor please make their way to the floor with your partner" y/n looked towards me with hope in her eyes I just roll my eyes and linked arms with one of the girls and walked into the floor.

I was having a great time the beautiful girl beside me dancing I look at her and lean in to kiss her. Enjoying the moment I pull away and smile, looking around I see Eleanor and Jacob happily dancing, he suddenly leaves her side and walks up to y/n on the top stair I squint my eyes and see y/n tears falling down her face. She makes eye contact with me and I suddenly realised my mistakes and saw her run off. All this time I'm trying to push my feelings away about y/n but they are just coming back stronger everyone I see her, and All I've done is deny it and push her a side like she is shit.

Politely excusing myself I run after her and follow them upstairs, luckily I know my way around her house, I find her room quickly not before being stopped by Jacob "look Mena she doesn't want to see anyone let alone you"
"You don't understand I have to see her now" I reply.
" I need to explain to explain to her that I'm hopefully in love with her ok" I half shout at him.
Giggling Jacob moves aside and I run towards her door and knock repeatedly.
"Jacob I said I want to be alone" I hear her say while sobbing.
"What if it isn't" I reply
Y/n slightly gasps and walks towards the door, opening it slowly she pears round the corner and met with me, I instantly run towards her grab her waist and pull her into a quick kiss, which she returns. Pulling away slowly still holding onto her waist. "Y/n listen in so sorry for how I've treated you tonight, for one I shouldn't of left you to talk to with others and not check up on you, not tell you to stop being annoying when you haven't done anything wrong and just wanted to talk and finally actually danced with you and not kiss someone I didn't know, I so sor-" "stop talking" y/n says and pulls me into another kiss.

After a minute or two we both pull away and smile at each other. "I love you" we both say in unison and then giggle again like children. Having an idea I grab her hand and pull her back down to the hall and by then everyone was gone, pulling her into the floor I run over and ask the dj to play a slow song. Running back I grab y/n and we start to dance around the hall. Smiling down at her and her smiling back we dance around the hall for the short couple of minutes as the song played echoing around the room. Nearing the end of the song I pull y/n into one last kiss of the night as the song finished it's final note. Pulling away I look down and she is blushing like crazy. This was one night to remember.
_________________________________
Hey everyone I hope this is ok had to write it quickly as don't have much time I hope it makes sense it's kinda another jealousy one shot but idk. I also want to say a big Thankyou to 7k reads that's absolutely, to think I started this book around a month ago and it's hit 7k reads it absolutely crazy. Thankyou for all the love and support you all shot in my stories with votes and comments it means the world to me to see that book is being read and enjoyed by someone or made someone's day, it warms my heart, so Thankyou again and I'll see you soon ❤️