t w o

June 25, 1999

Delontae "Smutt" Williams

It's been three days since Ariques release. Three whole days and I am just...Surprised. This nigga don't do anything that I can complain about for real. Nigga buys his own food, cleans up after himself, went to a damn job interview on his second day out. He even keeps his noise down to a minimum, even though I still hear him knocking the lining out of KiKi.

I don't know where he got it, but he gave me a few hundred to cover as his rent for him to stay here. I didn't ask for it, nor did I ever mention anything like it to Boo. I was expecting the worst having another grown ass man stay in my shit.

I'm the type of nigga that don't really trust anybody. I didn't have to be cooking up my own dope a few days ago. I wanted to. Just like I'm sure I didn't really have to be here at the house "watching him", I wanted to. We all know the saying "if you want something done right, do it yourself." I live by that, I trust my own judgement, so if there is something that I am concerned about, I handle it myself. If I could move big weight completely by my lonely, I definitely would. The less people know your dirt, the less they can burry you with it. But the more weight you move, the more people there are involved.

Ericka is surprised at how much I been home the past couple of days, but I know she knows what's up, she's not stupid. Not like I just be gone for days at a time or anything like that. It's just that most days I only come in to shower, eat, play with Bugg for a little while and fuck my gal. When do I sleep? I just got reacquainted with her within the past few days. Me and sleep don't see each other too often but when we do, it's good. Sometimes she don't be wanting to let a nigga go.

I mean, you would think that because Arique is my gals brother-cousin-twin that I wouldn't be paranoid or whatever. Nope! His charge alone is enough for me to not really trust him. But, that's not really fair of me, who the fuck am I to judge this man for getting it how he live? But fuck that, I ain't God either. I hope the rambling makes sense, if not, oh well.

I should be using this time to talk to him, so that I can to get to know him a little bit more to ease my mind a bit since Ericka is not here at the moment, and Bugg is napping.

I turn my television off and cover Bugg up before walking out of my bedroom. I leave my bedroom door cracked a little bit and I start walking towards the noise of another TV, which is the one in my living room. I plop down next to him to see him watching Jason's Lyric. "Man I hate when they get actors that's not from the south and use them as the main characters." Arique says after I've been sitting there for a while.

"Man I thought I was the only one." I agree with him pulling out my stash of weed to roll up. "I been livin' in Houston my whole life and I have yet to meet a black person that talk like any of those muh fucka's."

"Exactly bro! I mean, I know there are some country nigga's that somewhat talk like this but they usually stay in the country, country. White people country, is definitely different than black people country."

"I'm sayin' though. Its little differences in our pronunciations, but shit sound way different to us."

"I guess being that they ain't really around it like that they don't pick up on them subtle differences. Since we around the shit every day we know the difference. Like being in Texas, I know when a nigga is talkin' to me versus when a "w" is talking to me because I live here."

"A 'w'?" I ask.

"White person." I shake my head but continue the previous conversation.

"That does make sense. But still, I know it's probably a bunch of nigga's in Texas that would love a shot at actin'." I bring up to help this specific topic. "Should've got somebody from here to play the role."