t h r e e

June 26, 1999

Delontae "Smutt" Williams

"We here for my birthday though, tell me how that work." Ericka and KiKi are in our King Suite in New Braunfels, TX, trying to convince me to let them, along with Arique, go out to San Antonio to party.

"Well, technically it's yours and Smuttie's birthday, so y'all should celebrate it together." KiKi adds in. "We tryna let y'all get some father son time in." I don't respond verbally, but I do give her a look that says "shut the fuck up" which makes her lift her hands in mock surrender.

"It would be different if you was tryna go aht and you wanted to include me. Or hell, even if it were jus' them, or, jus' us, butchu goin' outta yo way to leave me aht the equation." I start explaining to Ericka. I may sound like a bitch right now, but I'm tryna put Bugg off on one these other grown people here just for tonight. I just want to be able to fuck as loud and raunchy as we want to. But naw, she ain't picking up what I'm putting down.

"Well where is yo friend at?" Ericka asks inquiring Weasel's whereabouts.

"That nigga got his hotel in San Antone so he could parlay. He thought we was gon' be on some family type shit." I say before I sigh lowly. "Shit I did too." I mumbled.

"Why can't you jus' watch yo son for a couple hours while we go aht Delontae?" She asks me, attitude very evident in her tone. She has this "good girl" act that she tries to portray like Ion know that she a hood rat like the rest of 'em. I don't have a problem with how she talks either way, but when she let the hood come out, she is pissed and becoming impatient. I don't put my hands on females so I let her make it. I'm not fucked up about her doing her.

"Gon'." It's the only response I have for her. She just gets her shit to get ready in their room, which is pretty much her whole suitcase and leaves. I'm not about to argue over no small shit.

I'm pissed because one; she made it seem like it's a task to watch my son as if I don't be around him or some shit. Like, this is a piece of me in human form, you don't have to ask me to do anything for him because that's off the muscle. He will never be a burden to me. Two; the attitude is completely unnecessary. Fuck you mad for anyway? You just sprung the shit on me a couple of minutes ago. Three; it's my fucking birthday. Granted, it's my sons too, but the fact that I'm purposely being excluded from the adult portion just doesn't sit right with me. Am I wrong for feeling like this?

Maybe I am, but for reason one, I'm not going to trip or be fucked up about the situation. Me and my little nigga about to kick it like Mr. Miyagi. He my reason anyway. Me and my son 'til the world blow.

I turn around to see KiKi ass is still in here. "Whassup, whatchu need?" I ask her, calmed down a bit more than a mere few minutes ago.

It takes a while before she responds, "I'll tell her I don't wanna go out if you want me to. I don't know if it'll help since she's the one that wanted to go in the first place." Nah.

"You good, y'all enjoy ya'selves." I tell her giving her a half smile. She smiles back as she starts making her way over to me. She gives me a nice tight hug.

"Happy birthday D." She tells me right before she lets me go and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Kie'Anne." I return the smile, kiss her forehead and walk her out of the room part of the suite.

"Happy early birthday Smuttie," she tells him when she sees him sitting down in the mini living room that is a part of the King Suite. She goes over to him and peels off some money to hand him, along with a kiss on the cheek. Ericka is already gone.