n i n e t e e n

Arique

November 26, 1999

Surprisingly, I woke up in the bedroom that I used to sleep in. I definitely remember falling asleep on the couch after our session. Delontae more than likely carried me upstairs. Put clothes on me too I guess. I hope he's not mad anymore. I got out of the bed and commenced to doing what normal people do in the morning. Good thing they keep their guest bedroom stocked for guests so I am able to take care of my hygiene.

When I'm done taking care of my personal business I go downstairs to see if Delontae is up. He's not in the living room nor the kitchen, so I go to his room. When I walk in, I see him sitting on the side of his bed checking his pager while he is on the phone in just his boxers. I go to sit beside him on the bed, waiting for him to get off of his phone. He doesn't spare me a glance so he might still be mad.

"That nigga asking for a softball?... somethin' sweet huh? A cookie or a cake?...aight. I'll have my gal get'em right then... oh he throwing a party? He got enough for two cakes?...yuh... well its gon' cost him thirty...already, Weasel. I'll hit you up when I'm on my way wit' it...already." He hangs up.

"Ericka bakes cakes for peoples parties and stuff?" I ask confused. I remember him saying something about her making cakes before.

"Yo' nosey ass." He mumbles. "And you tryna get in the game." He shakes his head standing up. Am I a pervert since my eyes went straight to his ass? He has a nice round muscle booty. I reach my hand out to grab it. "Aye man! Watch aht!" He slaps my hand away and jumps at the same time making me laugh.

"You act like you've never had your ass grabbed. I grab it all the time." I roll my eyes in a playful manner.

"My ass is only grabbed whenever I'm balls deep in some'mn. Including yo' lil ass." He walks toward his bathroom after he says that.

"Mhmm." I roll my eyes again standing up. "You want me to cook you some breakfast?" I follow him to the bathroom, but stand outside of it by the door.

"If you want to." He says simply as he prepares his toothbrush.

"What you wanna eat?" I ask him.

"You cookin' so whatever you cook, Arique."

He's still mad at me.

"You still mad at me? I thought we squashed it." My face is confused as I walk up behind him to wrap my arms around his waist.

He laughs and shakes his head before responding. "I ain't mad, Arique. It's squashed." I can't question him further because he starts brushing his teeth.  I mean I can, but I don't want to.

Instead, I walk to the kitchen and start cooking what I've learned his favorite breakfast is. Pork sausage, cheese eggs, and cheese grits. The simplest meal ever. It doesn't take me long to finish making it at all. Maybe twenty minutes max. I clean as I cook to leave less of a mess. Delontae didn't walk out of his room in that whole time that I was cooking, so I go to his room to see if he is ready to eat.

He is on his phone, yet again speaking in Spanish this time and fully dressed.

"Quiero mas wey...sí...órale wey, later.."

"How you know Spanish?" I ask taking a seat beside him on the bed.

"I learned from the Mexicans." He says standing up.

"They the plug?"

He shoots me a look of annoyance. "Yuh."

"Why you still mad, baby? Be real with me. Please?"