Chapter 40: MONO Tower

A few days later...

The heroes are coming up to the view of a large island with a black skyscraper around 100 stories tall at the crack of dawn, everyone ready to strike the heart.

Hammerhead: "Let's see what last line of, 'defense,' they have left."

Kyoya: "Hopefully it isn't too bad..."

They dock at the edge of the island and right in front of the front door.

Julie: "By now, most of the power to the tower should be offline, so the elevator is a no go."

They walk up to the front door, oddly having it open automatically.

Chase: "Looks like the doors still work..."

They step inside, only to see that the place is still brightly lit and everything, but the elevator still indeed, doesn't work.

Lisa: "There shouldn't be this much power here in MONO Tower. We destroyed all six generators."

They walk forward, glancing towards the staircase leading to the top.

Hammerhead: "Please don't tell me that we're about to climb a hundred flights of stairs."

Kyoya: "W-We have to..."

Julie walks over to the staircase to see a sign labeled, 1-25.

Julie: "Four sections. We're gonna have to find the other flights of stairs up on higher floors."

They all awkwardly gaze upwards towards the top of the flight of stairs before them.

Lisa: "O-Oh god..."

Chase takes the first step.

Chase: "Come on. We'd better start cracking."

They all follow him up the stairs.

However...

The helicopter is landing atop the building with the mysterious body.

MONO: "Transport to my main core room."

The body is moved towards the roof entry door.

MONO: "Now all I can do is wait until they arrive."

The door closes on it's own.

MONO: "So I can properly thank them for that they have done for me."

A half hour later...

Everyone has made it to the 25th floor, already running out of breath.

Hammerhead: "(wheezing) You won't see me anywhere near any stairs when were done here!"

Kyoya: "(wheezing) Agreed."

They all glance towards the utterly massive amount of ground they have to cover just to find the second flight of stairs.

Lisa: "(exhausted) Come on. We can find the stairs and take a break then."

Everyone grudgingly hops onto their feet.

Chase: "(exhausted) Then let's get going."

They start their search for the next batch of stairs...