{9}

I kissed Tyler goodbye and got off the bus to see my older brother, Ryland, waiting for me. I quickly ran into my brothers arms.

"So, I heard you have a little boyfriend?" Ryland jokes as we pull away. "I do, and he's not little. He's very tall in my opinion." I shrugged. Ryland rolled his eyes with a smile on his face. "Let's get inside, Dinners ready." He said before leading me inside. I nod and follow him inside.

•••

"Callie! Get ready we have to leave soon!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I groaned, but still got up. Taking my hair out of the braids, I threw on my uniform with my swim shorts and some sneakers. "Callie!" My dad warned. "I'm up! I'm getting dressed." I yelled, obviously aggravated. I ran to the downstairs bathroom since my room (the attic) doesn't have a bathroom in it.

The attic was my hang out room in elementary school, so in middle school my dad decided to make it my room since I was sharing a room with Reed at the time.

I pulled my retainer out and set it in my case. Thank god I didn't have my braces anymore, I looked terrible with them. Quickly brushing my teeth an retainer, I got ready pretty quick. My phone dinged as I set my clean retainer in the case and washed my toothbrush.

It was Tyler saying Vooch isn't available today so no ones riding the bus. I was being forced to ride in the car with my parents already, but I wanted to ride the bus with my friends. I sent a thumbs up emoji and joined my family in the kitchen. "You got ready faster than Reed." My dad laughed. Ryland stepped out of his room and grabbed a mug of coffee. "You want a cup, Cal?" My dad asked. "No thank you." I said. He nodded and leaned against the counter. Ryland had already dressed in jeans and a hoodie.

"You do know I work at the beach, not the ice rink." I joked. "Shoot! I forgot where you worked so I just dressed like I did in class!" He laughed and ran back into his room. "Reed and I can take my car there, we plan on staying longer." Ryland said before closing the door.

"Can I ride with them?" I asked. "No!" Reed yelled as he walked out. "Oh come on! I'm literally the one that works at the beach, y'all are just going for the fun of it!" I exclaimed. "She can ride with us, it's my car so I make the decisions." Ryland says, walking out of his room. Reed groaned and took a sip of the coffee on the island.

"That was mine!" Ryland shouts before jokingly hitting Reed in the head. "We should probably head out. I cannot be late." I told my parents. They nodded and we all walked out. I grabbed my bag on the way out.

•••

Ryland parked and we all got out. "I have to go check in with Dylan and tell her I'm here! I'll be back." I said before running to my tower. Dylan and Gina were standing inside. "Hey! I was told to check in with you when I got here." I told her. "Yeah, have fun!" Dylan said. I nodded and put my bag in the tower, right next to Tyler's that had my jacket sticking out of it. "See you guys at lunch!" I exclaimed before climbing out of the tower and back to my family. I ran into Eric. "Sorry Eric!" I exclaimed.

"No problem! Oh, by the way, Tyler said meet him by the bathrooms during lunch." He said. "Cool, thank you." I said, smiling at his parents. "This is Callie, she's in my pod. Callie, these are my parents." Eric introduces. "Hi! Nice to meet you!" I exclaimed. "Nice to meet you too!" They both smiled. "Well, I got to go, my family is waiting for me. I'll see you later!" I exclaimed before running back to my family. "I'm back." I greeted. "Awesome! Can we start in there?" My mom asked, pointing towards headquarters. "Yeah!" I exclaimed and lead them inside. "We're saving the tower for last." I nodded as everyone walked inside. They all nodded as we entered.

"This is our headquarters, this is where we have all our meetings and hang out after hours." I said. They looked around, and so did I. I never really paid attention to the decor because every time I'm in here it's for a meeting and rushed. Two arms wrapped around my waist. I jumped and twirled around to face the owner of the arms.