{18}

•••Callie•••

"Did you guys hear? Garvin got fired last night." Dylan says we the seven of us walked to the meeting. "Woah, Woah, Woah. I'm going to need you to say that again." Tyler exclaims as we sat down at a table next to the pods. After I sit down, he pulls my chair closer to him.

"I know! Isn't it crazy? I think it's because of the golden conch thing." Dylan shrugs. "No, Dylan. I need you to say that one more time so I can get it on video." Tyler says. I laugh as he pulls his phone out. "I can't believe Garvin's gone." Gina says. "And it's all because of Eric." Lizzie nods. "Woah! It was me too, I was there." Tyler exclaims. "You were more like his sidekick." Lizzie laughs. "Sidekick?" Tyler asks. I laugh, thinking of 'Sky High' the movie.

"I thought I was the sidekick?" Eric asks. "Dude, relax. We can both be the side kick!" Tyler says before he high fives Eric. "Sweet!" Eric smiles. "So, who's the head of Junior Rescue?" Gina asks.

"Hey, Everyone! I'm the new head of Junior Rescue." Thorton says upfront next to the podium. We all turn out attention to him. He was in a red track uniform. "How great is this!" He exclaimed. "Thorton Pavey's in charge? That guy is awesome!" Lizzie exclaims as she turns to Gina. "Could this day get any better?" Eric smiles as he turns to Tyler.

"To help celebrate! I got you a crepe station!" Thorton exclaims as he points over to the door. We all turn around to see Vooch walk in with crepes.

"Apparently it can!" Tyler exclaims, clasping Eric's shoulder. Everyone cheers.

•••

"Vooch, I didn't know you could make crepes?" Gina laughs as we stand in front of his station. "Little Vooch tip, if a guy offers you 10,000 dollars and asks if you know how to make crepes, take it." Vooch says as he slaps Nutella on a crepe. Gina takes one from him and walks away with Eric.

"I'll pass, thanks though." I nod as I let Tyler move next to me. Vooch nods and hands one to Tyler. Tyler and I sit down at our table area. "Now, about this Garvin situation." Thorton says. I glance over at Tyler's crepe. "Want a piece?" He whispers as Thorton talks. "Just a tiny piece." I motioned. Tyler chuckles and rips a tiny piece off for me. I grab it from his hand and take a bite.

"This whole situation has stressed Brody out, so he will be taking some time for him self. Tower one, needs a new captain." Thorton explains. Logan scoffs beside us. "Here we go, wonder which guy he's going to give it to." She groans. "I've chosen someone who represents the best of Malibu Junior Rescue."

"Watch it be Dirk." Logan scowls.

"Everyone, congratulate the new captain of Tower One," he pauses for effect as I take another piece of Tyler's crepe. "What I tell you? Dirk." Logan rolls her eyes as I eat the small piece. "Logan!" Thorton exclaims.

"Me?" Logan gasps. "Her?" Spencer asks. "Don't act to surprised. I'm in charge now. So no more playing favorites. For now on, things are going to be fair!" He smiles as he hands Logan her captain jacket. Logan smiles up at him as she puts the jacket on.

"And fun!...and delicious." Thorton smiles. Tyler hands me another piece of his crepe. "Thanks." I smiled before eating it. He smiled at me and continued listening. "This is so crazy!" Lizzie exclaims as Thorton walks away. Gina runs over to Thorton to speak to him as I continued to share the crepe with Tyler.

"Imagine how great this summer would have been if Thorton was in charge of it the whole time." Dylan laughs as she collects her things. "I can't believe summers almost over." I said. "Let's just enjoy it while it lasts." Tyler smiles over at me.

"What are we going to do when school starts back up? We're both going to be busy with school and finals." I sighed as I rested my head on my hand that was propped up on the table. "We'll stay together and study together on the weekends." Tyler nods. "There's no way I'm going to blow you off. Even if we do go to different schools, we can show each other off by having each other as our backgrounds or you could wear my hoodies that have my name on it or something. On Fridays we can go to football games together." Tyler promises. I nod at him as we get up to leave. He follows me to the tower.

As we walk towards it, our pod joins us. "What is that guy doing?" Dylan asks as she points to some guy taking pictures in our tower. "Hey!" Tyler tells. The guy looks over and runs out of the tower. Tyler lets go of my hand and runs towards him as he tried to run away. "Callie, help me with the ATV." Gina yells as she grabs the keys for it. She throws them at me and we both get on. I start the machine and start driving it on the coast so I wouldn't hit anyone. The guy kept glancing at us as he ran from Tyler. We pulled up and blocked his path. He immediately stopped beside us, right before Tyler tackled him to the ground.

"Man, I hope that looked cool because it really hurt." Tyler groaned as he set his hand on his stomach. We all crowd around him and take him to the HQ. I drove the ATV over so we could drive it back to the tower. "Why were you on our tower?" Gina asked with a scowl. "I'll get him to talk, all I need are pliers, a blowtorch, and his browser history. Then he'll squeal like a pig." Lizzie said as we walked. We sat him down in the HQ as Thorton walked in. "What's all this about?" Thorton asked as he walked in. "We found this guy creeping around our tower and taking pictures." Gina answers. "Gosh that's creepy. Why don't you guys let me handle it from here?" Thorton asks as Tyler moves so he's beside me.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" Lizzie asks as she turns a blowtorch on. "I'll talk that." Gina says, keeping her head away from the fire. "Great job guys. Keep it up and one of you might just score Rescuer of the year tomorrow. Maybe leave the blowtorch at home." Thorton says.

"You know as a reward, why don't you guys take the morning off and go hang out on the pier? The couple in this pod is probably begging for it." Thorton jokes. I look over at Tyler, then the rest of the pod. "But, what about our assignments?" Dylan asked. "Well, now your assignment is pier duty. Have fun." Thorton says, pulling the guys away from us.

Tyler ever so gently slides his hand into mine as we watched Thorton walk away. "Pier duty! This is going to be awesome!" Tyler widely grinned. "I'm going to play all the games and eat all the funnel cake!" He continues. I giggled as he stood in front of me. "Hop on my back." He says, turning around and crouching down. I giggled and jumped onto his back. He set his hands on my thighs and walked out of the HQ. Tyler set the two of us on the ATV and drove us back to the tower. We dropped the ATV off and got off. Tyler crouched down in front of me again. "Hop on." He smiled. I giggled and hopped on his back. We walked the two of us to the pier.

"Let me down." I laughed as I saw the girls at the pier. Tyler set me down and I ran over to them. "Hey!" I exclaimed as I joined them. "Hey!" They greeted. Tyler and Eric joined us. We walked down the pier.

"Guys! Glad I found you. I need someone's help with something!" Logan exclaims. "I'll help!" Dylan exclaims. "Actually, I would like Tyler. What do you say Tyler? I need someone big and strong." Logan obviously flirts with my boyfriend right in front of me. Tyler slowly nods and Logan pulls him away.

"What about our ice cream date?" I screamed after them.