{51}

Tyler leads us up onto a cliff that looks over the ocean. "Wow, it's beautiful." I beamed as I looked over ocean.

Tyler sits us down and holds me from behind as we watch the sun go down. "I figured, you needed one last day of pure fun before you have to go home." Tyler says before laying his chin on the top of my head. "Thank you, I really appreciate it." I smiled in content before leaning back against his chest. My face dropped as I realized I had to go home to a broken home.

"What's on your mind, pretty girl?" Tyler asked as he realized my sad face. "What If my parents find someone else to love, and have more children and completely lose their love for me and my brothers?" I asked, staring straight at the ocean below us.

"Baby, that will never happen. When my mom and dad split, I thought my world was crashing down. But when my mom got remarried, she never lost her love for me. Even if she did have another baby. Neither of them will ever stop loving you. Plus, you're the only girl. You'll always get the attention." Tyler attempts to make me laugh. My lips curve into a weak smile as he kissed my head.

My phone dinged in my hoodie pocket. My hand reached in and grabbed it before opening the text message.

"My mom just left with bags." I softly said after reading Ryland's message. "I'm sorry, buttercup." Tyler says as he hugs me tighter. I groan before shoving my phone back into my pocket.

Tyler's soft kisses on my cheek only made me break down. "Hey, What's wrong?" Tyler asked as he pulled his face away from my cheek. "It hurts knowing your parents don't love each other anymore. I looked up to their love as a child. I wanted that. And I got it, now I'm scared we'll have the same fate as them." I sobbed. Tyler reaches up and wipes my tears away.

"Every love is different, Cal. Just because your parents split doesn't mean we will in the future. I'll forever be by your side, no matter what." Tyler says. His large hand brushes hair out of my face and wipes my tears.

"I'm scared to go home." I confessed. "Do you want me to stay with you?" Tyler softly asked. "No, I think it's best if only family members are at the house just in case something happens between my parents. I don't want to embarrass my self just because of my parents." I sighed as I leaned my head against his back.

"Here, I have something for you." Tyler says as he pulls one hand away from my side and digs into his jacket.

He pulls out a small box before opening and holding it out in front of me. A small ring sat in the middle of the box. "Ty, we're too young." I laughed. "Callie, it's not a engagement ring. It's a promise ring. I figured right now is the best time to show you I'm not leaving your side, no matter what. One day, I'm going to replace it with an engagement ring though. And a wedding ring." Tyler says. My eyes tear up as I look at it.

"God, I love you so much. What did I do to deserve you?" I cried as I looked up at him. My boyfriend beams down at me with so much adoration on his face, mixed with love. "I love you too, buttercup." Tyler beams before sliding the ring on my finger. His large hand lets mine rest on it as I look at the ring. "It's beautiful." I smiled. "That's why I asked your ring size the other day at the beach, I played it off as your birthday though." Tyler chuckles.

"I love it. And, I love you." I smiled up at him. He leans down and gently presses his lips against mine before smiling into the kiss.

•••

"Text me if you need me." Tyler tells me as I climb out of his car. "Will do, bubba. I love you." I beamed. "I love you, too." He chuckled as I pulled away from his car. His gaze followed me all the way to the door, just to make sure I made it inside. My hand waved before ducking inside.

"Hey, Callie." Reed greeted from the couch. When I looked over, my brother's tearful expressions made my mood drop. My legs carried over the couch and beside my second oldest brother. We all cried into each other's arms.

My dad emerged from his room a couple minutes after I got home. We all looked up to meet his exhausted and melancholy expression. "Can I join this crying fest?" He asked. We all weakly smiled and nodded. He sat down by us and started crying with us.

"I didn't know it would hurt you guys this much." He cried into my shoulder. "We know you didn't mean it dad." Reed said as he wiped his tears. "Your mother," My father paused. "We've been separated for a long time, she's moved on." He cried.

How can she throw years of a relationship down the drain. "Please don't hate her, we've been talking and fighting about this for years." My dad sobbed. It only made me cry more as I stared at my ring. "I understand, dad." I sobbed.

After a few minutes of crying, we all calmed down together.

"If you guys want to live with your mother, that's perfectly fine. We already planned for whoever you chose to keep you for the week and the other gets you the next week." My dad sighed. "Where did mom move?" Ryland asked. I snuggled into Tyler's hoodie as I waited for my dad's answer.

"She still lives in the valley, in fact she still lives in the neighborhood." My dad sighed. I laid my head on the couch in frustration. "Where exactly did she move?" Reed asked.

"She moved in with her new boyfriend." He sighed. "I didn't mean to bring it up-." My brother started, but my dad cut him off. "It's fine. I need to get used to it." My dad slowly nods.

"If it's okay, can I stay here?" I asked. It wasn't only for Tyler, I've never been that close with my dad and I want to make our relationship stronger.

"Of course." My dad weakly smiles. I nod as I play with the ring on my finger. "Why is that on your ring finger? Did Tyler propose?" Ryland asked. "No, it's a promise ring." I replied. My fingers raised to itch my eyes.

"I'm going to get some sleep. I have a big day tomorrow." I nodded before standing up and stretching. "Goodnight, Cal." They all chorused as I walked up the stairs.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.