{20}

That night consisted of me crying in my bed and watching Stranger Things Season 3, which only made me cry harder. I let out a sigh and walked downstairs.

"Hey, honey." My dad greeted as I joined him in the kitchen. "Hi." I sniffed. "What's wrong? Why aren't you at the beach?" He asked. I guess my mom never told him. "My tower got kicked out. Thorton told us to go pier duty, but in reality he just wanted us away from the tower. Something bad happened at our tower and we weren't able to rescue someone. Instead, Logan did." I sobbed again. Dad set his coffee cup down and hugged me. "It's going to be okay. You can always do it again next year." He promises. "I don't know. Thorton would just try and get us kicked out again." I cried into his shirt.

There was a knock on my door. "I'll get that!" My mom yelled from the living room. I heard the couch squeak and the door open. I couldn't tell who was at the door over my sobs. "Callie! You have a visitor!" My mom yelled. I let go of my mom and walked to the living room to see Gina and Lizzie.

"Hey." I greeted. We all wrapped each other in a hug and went upstairs to my room. Lizzie started talking about how she misses Junior Rescue. "I'm sorry." I confessed. Gina nods and sits down next to me.

"Why?" She asks. Gina and I glance at each other and nod. "When we were at the Pier, we saw Thorton talking to that guy, who turned out to be Clive. The both of us ran to his office which he lied to us about. He used Gina and I and lied directly to our faces. Thorton told her us was renovating our tower, but in reality he was just keeping us away from it. He used Gina's Mullholland dream to make us keep you guys away." I explained. Gina went on to explain everything else I missed. "Aren't Eric and Tyler hanging out right now?" Lizzie asked, processing everything we just told her. "Yeah, Tyler told me he would be with Eric at home today." I answered. "We should call them and tell them everything." Gina nods. I swiftly grabbed my phone and clicked Tyler's contact.

My phone rang as I called Tyler. His familiar voice popped up a couple seconds later. "Hey!" I greeted as I moved so I was in between Gina and Lizzie. They both moved so they can hear the conversation. "Hey, babe. What's up?" He asked. "Nothing, we just have something to tell you." I nod. "Okay...Should I be worried?" Tyler asked. "No, it's just an explanation for everything." I shrugged as I glanced at the girls. I then went off to explain everything that happened that day.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." Tyler says as he finishes retelling it to Eric. "I know-." I say, but get cut off by Gina's phone going off. "It's Dylan." She mouths before answering.

Tyler and I stay silent as we listened. Tyler was waiting for an answer, and so was I. Gina explains everything to Dylan. "Okay, yeah. We'll meet you there." Gina nods before hanging up. "Dylan wants us to meet at the beach." I tell Tyler after Gina tells me. "Alright, meet you there." He says. "Okay, bye." I say before hanging up. We collect our things and ask my brother to drive me.

•••

Ryland drops us off at the beach and drives away. I groan and walked to Vooch's cafe. I sat down beside Tyler and Dylan. "Hey." We all greeted each other. Roger was on the other side of Tyler. Tyler held my hand as we talked. "Oh, I never formally introduced you guys. Roger, this is my girlfriend Callie. Callie, this is Roger." Tyler smiles. "Nice to meet you." We both smiled at each other before turning to the group. "Roger, can you give her a tour or something? We have to talk about something really important?" Tyler asks him. "Oh! A tour! She'll probably sleep through it though, she sleeps through everything. Except the night." Roger says to himself before walking away with Tyler's baby sister.

"Anyways, we need you two to explain everything."

•••

The seven of us pile off of the bus and run towards Thorton's large mansion. "The least I can do is deal with Chote while you guys find out everything on Thorton." Gina says as we walk up. "I want you guys to know, we don't blame you two." Dylan promises. I softly nod. "Hide!" Gina exclaimed as she turned around to ring the bell. The six of us hide behind a bush by the door.

After the coast is clear, we stealthily sneak inside and pass Gina and Chote. We go upstairs and look for his office. "Where's Eric and Lizzie?" Tyler groans. "Don't know." I shrugged. He nods and runs back down to get them. Not long after, they join us again. "Guys, look at this." Dylan says as she opens a door. We look inside and see us all over the walls. "Now this is just creepy." I plainly said. There were pictures of Tyler and I kissing, us making out by the bathrooms... Wait what?

I ripped that off the wall and stuffed it in my bag. The only one that realized what I did was Tyler, and that's only because he was staring at it too. "This is terrifying." Lizzie says. "Why does he hate the Valley kids so much?" Eric asked.

"Because I was a Junior Rescue my self, I grew up here, and you Valley kids just burst in a break into my home." Thorton says at the door. I jump into Tyler's arms. Tyler instinctively pushes me behind him. "No need to protect her, I won't hurt her." Thorton says. I rolled my eyes as I clasped onto Tyler's arm muscles.

"Why do you hate us Valley kids so much?" Tyler asks. "Valley kids took Malibu kids' spot on Junior Rescue. After I finish my plan, the mayor won't make me take in Valley kids ever again. I just stopped by for my remote, can't blow a tower up if you don't She a remote. You guys mind if I lock you in this closet? No? Okay." Thorton says before walking out and locking us in, even with our protests. The six of us beat on the door.