{43}

My eyes fluttered open to meet Tyler talking to his mom. "Mom, I promise you. We're using protection and she's on the pill. She's not pregnant." Tyler promises. "How many times, Tyler?" She asks. "We've only done it twice. We're always safe about it." Tyler explains. He glanced over, so I shut my eyes quickly. "Fine, just please. Don't do it while your sisters are in the house." His mom groans. "We never do." He replies. I hear the door shut before Tyler returned to the bed.

"What was that all about?" I asked. Tyler sighed as he played with my hair from behind. "My mom is worried we're moving too fast. But we've been dating for over a year, I don't get it. At least we didn't do it a week into dating." Tyler groans as I turn so I'm facing him. "I don't know, Ty. I get why she's worried but I also see your perspective." I told him as I gently kissed his forehead. He nodded softly before pulling me into his chest.

"Hey, Cal?" He asked after a few moments. "Yeah, bub?" I asked. "When you look into the future, what do you see?" Tyler asks. It made me think.

"Well, I see the five of us still life guarding." I replied. "No, what do you see with us?" He asked. "I see the two of us, living our best lives in a large house. Maybe throw in two or three kids." I smiled as I lifted my head to look at him. "But if that's not what you want, that's okay." I said as I looked at his face. He looked scared. "No! That's exactly what I want! I'm just scared I'll mess something up and we won't be happy." Tyler confesses as he avoids my eyes. "Hey, Hey. Look at me." I softly said as I placed my hand on his cheek. His big green eyes looked up at me and waited for my response.

"There is nothing you can say to make me stop loving you. You're my best friend, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. You've been there for me since day one, even when I did yell at you multiple times." I paused to laugh as I remembered him breaking the chair to get back at Brody.

"Even when you were being an idiot, I was still falling in love with you. The way your eyes shine when you see something you love, the way you take care of your sisters and the pod, you're an amazing guy, Tyler. The way you make me smile when you saw those simple three words. Hell, you can taco or frijoles and it'll make me smile because of your accent. You don't even have to try and make people smile." I told him as I caressed his cheek with my thumb. His hand came up and rested on my hand that was on his cheek. Tears brimmed his eyes. "Hey, please don't cry." I told him as I tried to wipe them away. "They're happy tears, buttercup." Tyler smiles.

I smiled at his new nickname for me. "See, you can make anyone smile but just calling them buttercup." I beamed. "That names only reserved for you." He gently says before cuddling into the pillow under his head. I retract my hand from his face and smile lovingly at my boyfriend.

"And hey, I'm glad you like my accent." Tyler jokes. "You can speak Spanish, right?" I asked. Tyler nodded as he moved so his elbow was on the bed and he was rested his head on his hand. "Eres hermosa." He smiles. I blushed as I heard him say it. I couldn't understand what he said, but it was beautiful.

"What did you say?" I asked. "I said you're beautiful." Tyler smiles. My face flushed red as he chuckled at my reaction. "Thank you." I smiled. Tyler's green eyes lifted off of me and to his guitar in the corner.

"Can you play?" I asked. "Yeah, can you?" He asked as he got up to retrieve it. "Yeah, but I like playing my bass guitar better." I said as I sat up on his bed. Tyler sat down beside me and strummed. A familiar tune flooded my ears.

"Settle down with me, cover me up, cuddle me in. Lie down with me, and hold me in your arms. And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck. I'm falling for your eyes but they don't know me yet, and with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now. Kiss me like you wanna be loved. You want to be loved." Tyler sang. I smiled at my boyfriend's beautiful singing voice. Tyler continues singing one of my favorite songs, Kiss me by Ed Sheeran.

"Kiss me like you want to be loved, you want to be loved." I joined in when Tyler got to that part again. Tyler smiles as we sing. My voice is no where near beautiful as Tyler's, but I do love to sing.

Tyler stopped strumming and looked up at me. "You have a really pretty voice." I complimented. "Thanks, so do you." He smiled before placing his guitar back in its spot.

My phone dinged beside me. I picked it up to see it was my dad texting me to come home. "I gotta go." I told my boyfriend. "Okay, text me when you get home safe please." Tyler says before gently kissing me. I nodded after we pulled away. "I love you." Tyler said as I grabbed my bag. "I love you, bubba." I said before exiting his house. "Bye guys!" I exclaimed before walking out the door.

As I ran back home, I saw Chris's family's car in the driveway. I groaned to my self before walking through the door. "Hey, I'm home." I called. They were all in the kitchen. I dropped my bag by the door and joined them. Everyone greeted me as I walked towards them.

"What's up?" I asked. "We're just talking, how's Tyler?" My mom asked as I started doing dishes. "He's good. Did you know he can sing?" I exclaimed as I put the plates away. "He can sing?" She exclaimed. "Yes! It's beautiful!" I laughed before starting to load the dishwasher. I finished a couple minutes later.

"Hey, Callie? Can we talk?" Chris asked as I finished. "Uh, yeah. We can talk outside." I said before leading him outside.