{12}

I walked behind Tyler and Dylan with Gina, but heard part of their conversation. I tried to tune it out for their privacy, but I couldn't. "Alright, you were so excited, and now you don't want to go?" He softly says to her.

"I just down feel like it." Dylan shrugs. "I know what it is." Tyler says. "You do?"

"Yeah! You're one of those people who panics at Taco Bars." Tyler laughs. I face palm my face. "You're afraid you're going to mispronounce 'frijoles' and everyone is going to make fun of you."

"Yup, yup that's it! You got me! Now have a good time!" She says before trying to walk away. "Wait! Dylan. You have to come, the party's for Junior Rescue and you're our captain. Don't worry! I'll order the frijoles for you." He nods as they stop walking. We join them. "Tyler, you're dumb." Gina laughs before walking away. I shrug and walk towards the water to let them be. The girls changed in the locker rooms. I slipped on my black ripped jean shorts on and plugged my lip ring back into my lip. It was fake, but it looked realistic. I pulled on my tank top that was a loose fitting top and joined the other girls. "You look good, Callie." They both greet. "Thanks, you guys look good too." I nod as we walk out of the locker room. I place my phone in my back pocket and walk into the headquarters.

"I don't care how many slushee machines there are, it's the headquarters, it's going to look like the headquarters." Gina shrugs as we push the streamers out of the way. When we walked in, it looked nothing like the headquarters. Lizzie pulled us to the dance floor. Gina and Lizzie looked around at the decorations with me.

"Whew! This is going to be so cool. Right, Dylan?" I heard behind us. I turned and there was Tyler. He looked amazing. He had yet to see me. "Dylan?" He asked as he turned back around, leaving the party area. I shrugged and danced with the girls. He returned with Dylan. I could tell it was her by the hair. They started talking as he lead her over. He finally looked up and saw me. "Hey, Babe!" Tyler greeted as he looked me up and down. Dylan was wearing a sweater and some jeans. "You look nice, Dylan." I greeted. "Thanks." She lowly muttered. I nodded and looked around. I had lost Lizzie and Gina, so I was alone. I looked over and saw Gina and Chote talking. The three of us walked towards the taco bar. Tyler held my hand was we walked, but talked to Dylan.

I looked up right as Dylan ran into another captain. I totally forgot his name, probably because he's a jerk. "Just as I thought Dylan couldn't get any weirder." He mumbles. "Hey man, why are you so rude to her?" Tyler asks, letting go of my hand and stepping in front of me. "Guys, drop it." Dylan and I both say. "No." Tyler mutters.

"I know that you don't like me and Callie because We're from the Valley, but Dylan's from Malibu, just like you." Tyler defends. "She might be from the Bu, but she's nothing like me." The guy says before walking away. Tyler turns back to us. "I'm not really hungry anymore." Dylan says before walking away. "Wait! We're next in line for the frijoles!" Tyler says, trying to stop her. "Yes I'm back! I said it correctly!" He joked. I jokingly rolled my eyes. "I'm worried about her." I softly said as we stepped out of line. "I am too." Tyler nods as he holds onto my hips. Tyler leans in to kiss me. "Not here." I laughed as I pulled away.

"Sneak away with me then." He pouted. I took a look around the party, no one was paying attention to us. I nodded. He smiled and lead me out of the headquarters. "Want to come over later tonight? My parents are going to dinner with family friends and they're going to take hours. My brothers are going with them." I asked as we stopped beside the bathroom by the lunch area. He gently pushed me against the bathroom wall. "What would your plan be?" He smirked down at me as he pinned his arms on either side of my head. "It involves a maybe sleepover so you can actually sleep tonight without baby cries." I smiled up at him. "That would be heaven." He nods and kissed me. My hands came up and played with his hair as he kissed me. "You should call your mom and ask." I said into the kiss. "I'll call her after, I want to kiss my amazing girlfriend." He says, pulling away and tracing his lips down my neck.

"Stop, if you leave a mark my dad would beat you." I muttered as he found my soft spot. "Just cover it with makeup." He softly said into my neck, he softly sucked and bit at it. "We work as lifeguards! It would wash off!" I exclaimed. Tyler pulled away from my neck. "Too late." He smiled. "You jerk!" I laughed as I pulled my phone out to look at it. There was a medium sized purple mark on my neck. "I hate you." I groaned as I put my phone away. "You love me." He laughed. "At least give me your hoodie." I mumbled as I looked up at him with puppy dog eyes. I even pouted my lip to convince him. "You already have my jacket!" He exclaimed. "I didn't bring it! Do you really want my dad to see this mark?" I asked. Tyler groaned and pulled his hoodie out of his bag. "Here, I'd rather not be beat." He laughed. I pulled it over my head and cuddled into it. "It's comfy." I smiled up at him. "I know." He nods as he dips his head to kiss me.

"Looks like I'm wearing hoodies for days." I laughed as his head dipped to my neck.

•••

I left the party early. I really didn't want to be there anymore. Tyler left too, but he checked on Dylan first. "Hey." I greeted my mom. "Hey! How was the party?" She asked. "Dunno, I left early." I laughed. "Did Tyler leave yet?" She asked. "Not yet, he went to check on our captain." I answer. "Does he need a ride home before we leave for the dinner?" She asks. "We were actually thinking about having a sleepover? I promise we won't do anything, I just want him to actually sleep because he didn't get much last night because of the crying baby." I quickly explained. "I trust you, I'm not sure about your dad has to say though, honey." She softly says. I slowly nod and look out the window to see Tyler exiting the headquarter. "While you call dad, can I go talk to Tyler?" I asked. She nodded as she waited for my dad to answer.

I unbuckled and got out of the car. Tyler's head came up as I approached him. "How's Dylan?" I asked as I sat down next to him. "She's okay, I found out why she didn't want to come." He said, biting into a taco. He gestured to me, asking if I wanted a bite. I shook my head and laid my head on his shoulder. "Did you ask your mom?" I asked. "I did as I walked in. She said it's fine and she trusts me not to do anything I'm not supposed to." He says. "My mom said it was fine, but she wanted to check with my dad first." I nod as I slip my hand into his hand. He raised our hands and kissed mine. I smiled up at him. He kissed my lips.

"Callie!" My mom yelled from the car. "I'll be back." I told him and walked back to the car. "Your dad says it's fine. Did Tyler's parents say he can?" She asks. "Yes! He called his mom and asked." I nod.

"Tell Tyler to get in." She smiled. "Thank you!" I exclaimed. "Tyler! Come on!" I exclaimed. He finished his taco and ran over. "Thank you for letting me stay." He smiled at me mom as we get in the back seat. "It's no problem! Do you guys want to pick something up for dinner for you two?" She asked before we drove away from the beach. "I just ate Tacos so I'm good." Tyler laughed. "I'll just make us something at the house." I shrugged as we drove to Tyler's place to pick up his clothes. I laid my head on Tyler's shoulder as my mom drove. He rested his head on top of mine and looked at the window.