{27}

After Dinner, Tyler led me outside to the porch that looked over the street.

"I need to tell you something." He breathed out. My chest tightened at the statement. My breath started to hitch in my throat. I slowly nodded as I looked over at him. He sighed before looking out into the dark street.

"While you were in Australia, I was really missing you one night after one of our small fights so I went to the beach to just calm me down. Dylan was there and we decided to hang out. Eventually, she got the wrong idea because I told her we had a small fight and she thought we broke up and she kissed me." Tyler confesses. My eyes widened as the filled with tears. "Are you kidding me? I go to Australia for a year and suddenly one of my best friend kisses my boyfriend?" I cried as I stood up.

Tears streamed down my face. "We didn't mean to, it was a mistake and I told her that! I told her we were together and it was just a small fight after everything happened!" Tyler defended as he stood up. "Did you kiss her back?" I cried as I took a step away from him.

"No!" He exclaimed as he reached out to touch me. "Don't touch me!" I shouted as I pushed him away from me. I let out a sigh as I wiped the tears away from my eyes. "You liked her, didn't you." I sighed as I looked up at him. "I did on the first day, I admit, but that was before I fell in love with you." He says with concerned eyes. "You have no right to be concerned! You cheated and you didn't tell me!" I sobbed while I jabbed at his chest with my index finger. I stepped away from him and pulled at my hair.

"I think it's best you leave." I finally said after collecting myself. He slowly nodded and turned away. "Please just know, I love you." He softly said before walking away to his house.

I stomped my foot before walking inside. Gina and Lizzie looked up from the couch beside Dylan. I glared at Dylan before running upstairs and into my room, slamming the door. My eyes looked around the room. It was full of pictures of Tyler and I and things Tyler gave me over the months.

I quickly grabbed a old moving box and dumped everything out of it. My hands immediately found the hoodies Tyler gave me and threw them inside the box before turning to the photos of us all over my walls. I ripped them off the walls as I heard my door open. My body flipped around to see Gina, Lizzie, and my mom.

I pushed past them as I saw a picture by the door of Tyler and I before ripping the Polaroid down and throwing the pile into the box. "We thought it was best Dylan left, do you want to talk about it?" Gina softly asked as she sat down on the edge of my bed. "Mom? Can I talk to my best friends?" I softly asked as I pushed the box into the closet. My mom slowly nodded before walking out of my room, closing the door behind her.

"Dylan kissed him while I was in Australia. She was under the impression Tyler and I were broken up at the time, and I don't know what to do." I sobbed as I sat down between the two of them. Gina softly laid her hand on my back as I cried.

My head slowly turned to above my bed. My eyes met that photo of Tyler while I was gone. "Who took that photo?" I softly asked. "Tyler told me Reed did." Lizzie softly says. I nod before turning back to them. I can't make my self take it down, no matter how hard I try.

•••

Lizzie called her mom and asked if she could spend the night, and her mom said it was okay. I let her borrow some of my clothes. But Eric left a little while ago to talk to Tyler. I told him it was okay and I didn't mind it.

The three of us were sitting in my room on my bed, trying to keep my mind off of Tyler. "How about, we watch movies?" Lizzie suggests. I shrugged as I reached for my remote and turned on my TV before handing her the remote.

"You guys, how am I supposed to see his face tomorrow?" I softly asked as I ate my ice cream. "I don't know, but we'll be by your side." Gina nods before turning her attention to the screen. "You guys want to make cookies?" I asked. Everyone agreed so we went downstairs to bake.

•••

I groan as my alarm goes off, signaling I had to see Tyler's face today. Gina and Lizzie groan as they hear the alarm. "Sorry guys." I sighed as I turned it off. My eyes flicked up to that photo Tyler gave me.

"Do you guys want some breakfast?" I asked. "Sure." They both sleepily said as we sat up. We all made our way to the kitchen. My grandparents had made Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hash browns. "Thank you!" I said to them as we passed the living room. Lizzie and Gina both thanked them as we walked into the kitchen. We made our plates and ate in the living room while watching random TV shows.

"You know guys, I did have a lot of fun last night." I softly laughed as I lifted my head. "Me too, we should do this more often." Lizzie smiles. Gina nods her head as we all eat. The three of us finish at similar times and get ready for the day ahead of us.

"I'm kind of nervous for the crucible." Gina confesses. "Why?" Lizzie asked. "The only reason we made it last year was because we saved the Mayor's son, what if we don't finish in time?" Gina asks. "I'm sure we'll be perfect. We would have won tower one if it wasn't for Jeffy." I groaned as we made our way outside with our things.

I wasn't excited to see Tyler on the bus, but us girls decided to sit up front. I have to stay strong today.