{17}

•••Tyler•••

"Psst! Eric!" I whisper-yelled behind a sea-jet. He stops and hides behind it with me. "Where were you?" He asked. "The girls kidnapped me. Turns out the golden conchs is a sexist boys club." I tell him. "What're you talking about? The golden conch is just a bunch of cool dudes, hanging out, doing cool dudes stuff together." Eric explains. "Oh, I hear it now." He nods to himself. "See, we got to take it down. If they want tower two, then they have to take all of us, not just the boys." I explained.

"Well, well, well. Man I knew it was a mistake for the elders to let Valley Rats into a elite Malibu Club." Brody says above us. Eric and I rise to meet their gaze. "The Order of the Golden Conch is going down. My girlfriend and the rest of our pod should be in here, not just us." I growl. "Nuh-Uh! It's not going anywhere. 'Cause if you try anything, we'll tell all of your embarrassing secrets. You'll be humiliated." Spencer retorts. "Fine, go ahead. Tell our secrets, we don't care." I spit. "Right, Eric?" I continued. "Actually...I think I'm going to go with these guys." He says. "What?" I exclaimed. I thought he was on my team!

"Oh! Eric! Yes!" Brody exclaimed. "I guess he knows who his real friends are, huh?" Brody teases before walking away with Eric and Spencer. I shake my head as I watch them walk away. "I have to tell the girls." I mumbled to my self as I ran out of HQ and toward our tower. I swiftly jump onto our deck to see them in the tower room. "Eric chose them over us." I quickly said. Callie's big gorgeous blue eyes looked from her phone to up at me. My girlfriend was sitting on the floor in front of the fan.

"I can't believe Eric. It's like I don't even know him anymore. I never want to see his face again." Lizzie says with tears in her eyes. She storms past Logan and outside. Callie stands up and stands in front of me. "Thank you choosing us." She softly says before kissing my cheek and backing away to the window to look for Lizzie.

"Why is she making this all about her? He's my best friend?" I asked as the door finally shut. Dylan hit my chest. I jumped back, I was only used to Callie doing that.

•••

I put a fake robe on that was basically identical to the one Garvin uses and blended in with everyone else at the ceremony. Garvin started the ceremony as we stood there with the hoods over our faces. He begun the ceremony. Finally, it was my turn. I swiftly walked up there.

"Brother-." He started, but I cut him off. "I'm not your brother." I said as I took the hood off. "Brody said you betrayed us." Garvin says. "What do you think you're doing here?" He continues. "I'm putting an end to this." I spat. "Oh, Valley. You're going to regret this." Brody says, joining the conversation and raising his fists. He really thinks he can punch me?"Hold on." Garvin says.

"We have better ways of handling traitors. Eric, read his secrets." Garvin tells him. "You're gonna regret this." Garvin growls as he hands Eric the book. Eric moves so he's facing me.

"Eric! Stop, don't do it!" Dylan exclaims from behind us. "What're they doing here?" Spencer asks. "Alright, who told?" He continued. "I did, obviously I did!" I groaned. "Take him down."

"Eric, no! You're better than this!" Gina yelled. "Eric?" Lizzie pleads. Eric does some weird gesture and opens the book. He starts reading off numbers and titles to go along with it. I smile as I realize what he did. "That's right! I ripped the pages out of the book of secrets and replaced them with the Malibu phone book!" Eric smiled. "Where are my secrets?" Garvin growls. "Oh? You mean these?" Eric says as he pulls a roll of papers out of his robe. He chucked them into the fire. I gasped as I realized what my best friend just did.

"Why would you do that?" Garvin asks him. "Because this whole thing is unfair, outdated, and shouldn't exist." Eric nods. Garvin starts ranting about how it's been around since before we were even alive. "Exactly, that's why it's outdated. It's time for things to change." Callie points out. I smile at my amazing girlfriend. "Yeah." I agree as I walk over to the girls. My hand slides into Callie's and intertwined our fingers. "That's how it is, huh?" Garvin asks. "You're no longer tower of the week! I'm taking that away, I can do that." Garvin says. I shrug and follow the girls and Eric away from the Cove.

The seven of us walk into the HQ laughing and joking around. "Happy? You guys ruined the best ground in Malibu!" Brody says as he walks in with his group. "He didn't do it alone. He had all of us." Callie defends me. "Yeah, he did." Logan joins. "Fine! You all did! Logan, I can't believe you." Brody accuses. "I'd expect it from these idiots, but not from my right-hand guy." He says. "I'm not a guy!" Logan smirks.

"You know what I mean!" Brody shouts before storming off with his group. "I hope we didn't make it worse for you." Dylan tells Logan. "It was worth it." Logan says before walking away with Dylan. Callie leads me to a bench and sits us down as we wait for our rides. She lays her head on my chest as I wrap her in my arms. "What's your plans for tonight?" I asked her. "Relaxing at home, you?" She asked. "Same thing. Hey, since we haven't been on an official date, how about we go on a date tomorrow night?" I asked. "Sure." She smiles up at me. I lean down and press my lips against hers. She straightens up as we kiss and rests her soft hand on my cheek.

The bus honks from outside, which leads to us pulling apart. Callie's soft lips pull away from mine. "Make out sesh on the way home?" I joked while smirking. "No." She giggled and got up. Oh, how I love that giggle.

"Come on, idiot." She joked as she pulled me up. I got up and wrapped my arm around her waist as we walked to the bus.