{24}

"You guys were amazing today!" I exclaimed as I sat down next to Tyler in the aisle on the bus. "I honestly missed these rides home." Tyler smiles as he laid against the seat. Everyone agrees.

My phone dinged in my bag. I dug through my bag and found my phone with a Snapchat notification saying I had a notification from the Australia Group Chat. I opened it and saw Ryan sent a picture. I opened my camera and sent a picture of my jacket before sending it to the group chat. "Guys! This joke popped in my head at like midnight back in Australia one time and I still can't get over it."

"Tell it!" Lizzie laughs. "Why did the rooster cross the road?" I laughed to my self. They all looked at me for an answer. "To pick up some chicks." I widely smiled. Tyler laughed slightly as he took a sip of his drink.

"It's not that funny, but I found it hilarious at midnight." I shrugged as the others slightly laughed. Tyler went to put the lid on his drink, but I pouted at him. He gently smiled and handed me it. I took a sip of it and handed it back to him. "So, my parents are having a small get together to celebrate that I'm back tomorrow night, do you guys want to go?" I asked them. "Yes!" Everyone agreed. I nodded and texted my mom. "Ask your parents so you don't get in trouble." I laughed as I laid my head on Tyler's shoulder.

My head lifted and looked up at Tyler's features. "I missed these days were we just enjoyed each other's company." He smiled before kissing my head. "Me too, Australia wasn't as fun as I hoped because you weren't there." I pouted. He chuckled. "My mom said I can get off the bus with you." Tyler smiles. "Cool. Oh! My mom got a cat and she really likes me! Her name is moon and she's adorable." I smiled. Tyler chuckles and kisses my forehead before turning to the window.

"Callie, do you want a piece of chocolate?" Gina asked as Lizzie started telling jokes to Eric. "Sure." I smiled before grabbing the piece she was holding out for me. "Thanks." I said before popping it into my mouth. "I missed these days, always sharing candy on the way home." Gina laughs as she turns around in her chair to see us. "Me too, all we did was eat snacks on the way home." I loudly laughed as we approached Lizzie's stop.

"Bye Lizzie!" I smiled as we stopped in front of her stop. "Bye guys!" She exclaimed before hopping off the bus. We drove away to Gina and Eric's stop and they got off soon after.

"Well, it's just us." I shrugged as we drove to my house. Tyler slid his hand into mine and held it tight. The bus pulled up in front of my house. Tyler and I bounced off the bus to see my grandparents car in the drive way. My dad's car was gone, so I figured he took my grandpa to see something.

"I guess my grandparents are in town." I sighed as we approached my door. Tyler pulled me back towards him and wrapped his arms around my waist. I dropped my bag and laced my fingers behind his neck.

"I got a new lifeguard hoodie." He smiled down at me. "Can I borrow it one day?" I asked with a smile on my face. "Sure, as long as you kiss me once a day." He joked. "Fine, you win." I shrugged before leaning in to kiss him.

The door opened, which made the two of us jump apart. My mom and grandma stood in the doorway. My cheeks immediately turned red. "Hey, Grandma." I smiled as I picked my bag up. "Awe! Your captain jacket looks adorable on you!" My mom exclaimed before smiling at Tyler. "Nice to see you, Tyler." My mom laughed before hugging him. "Nice to see you too, Mrs Evans." Tyler laughs as he hugs her back. "Grandma, this is my boyfriend, Tyler." I introduced. "It's nice to meet you." Grandma smiles before walking to the kitchen.

"Tyler!" Reed exclaimed as we walked in. My cousin, who my grandparents take care of, cake hurdling towards me. "Jane!" I exclaimed as I leaned down to hug her. The 4 year old came barreling in my arms. "Hey, Girly!" I exclaimed as we pulled away. "Heya!" She smiled before looking over at Tyler playing on the PlayStation with my brother. "Who's that?" She asked. "That is my boyfriend, you want to meet him?" I asked. She excitedly nodded and walked over to him. I sat down next to him on the couch and Jane crawled onto my lap. "Hey, babe." Tyler greeted as I adjusted. "Hey, this is Jane!" I introduced.

"Hey!" He smiled at her. She straightens her posture and climbs over to him. "Did you just ditch me for my boyfriend?" I asked. She giggled as she crawled under his arm and sat in his lap. Tyler adjusted and continued to play as he made jokes with Reed and Jane. I wandered into the kitchen to find my mom and grandma cooking. "Hey!" I greeted as I sat down at the island. "Hey, kiddo. How was lifeguard training?" My mom asked. "Great, we had a great day. I have an amazing pod." I smiled. "Isn't Tyler on your pod?" She asked. "Yep!" I laughed as I glanced over at the couch to see Tyler lose on whatever game they were playing.

"I invited the rest of my pod for the party tomorrow." I said, turning my attention back to my mom and grandma. "That's Nice, oh! Your dad and grandpa went to the store to pick up your favorite snacks and some things for dinner. Does Tyler want to spend the night or stay for dinner?" Mom asked. "I'll ask." I said as I got out of my chair and moved towards the living room. I sat down beside Tyler and waited until he was free.

"What's up, Cal?" He asked after a few seconds of me sitting there. "My mom wants to know if you want to spend the night and/or stay for dinner." I tell him. "I'll do both, but I should run over to my house for clothes." He nods as my brother dies on the game. "I'll go with you?" I questioned. "Sure. Jane, can you take over for me?" He asked the small girl in his lap. She excitedly nodded and grabbed the remote from him, playing with my brother. Tyler helps her off his lap and stands up. He grabs my hand and led me towards the kitchen.

"We'll be back, we're going to Tyler's house down the street." I told them. They both nodded as we walked out.