{37}

"I have to take this!" I told my aunt and uncle as I got a call from my boyfriend. "Is it your boyfriend?" My uncle teased. "It is actually." I smiled before ducking outside onto the porch.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I watched my younger cousins play outside. "Hey Callie!" Gina greeted. It was loud there, so I could tell they were at lunch. "Hey guys!" I laughed. Everyone greeted me again.

"How was the first day so far?" I asked. "It's been pretty fun, our assignments were pretty easy." Eric says. "Where's Ty?" I asked when I realized I haven't heard his voice yet. "Bathroom, but he told us to call you." Lizzie answers. "Ah, Okay." I nod as I hear the back sliding door open. I turn around to see Harley and his sister, Kennedy.

"Hey!" I heard Tyler greet. "Ty!" I smiled. "How was the first day?" I continued. "It's been amazing, I miss you though." He laughed. "We miss you too! Not just Tyler!" Gina laughs. "I'll be back soon, I promise." I chuckled as Kennedy jumped into the pool.

We talked for a few more minutes before the door behind me opened again.

"Cake time!" My mom yelled outside. "I have to go. Love you guys! Bye!" I exclaimed before hanging up and following my family inside.

"Happy birthday grandpa!" I cheered as we all crowded around the table.

•••

The next day was just everyone hanging out and reconnecting after all these years. But my family had to leave that night.

"Please promise me we'll stay in touch." Harley laughed as we pulled away from our hug. "I promise. I have your Instagram, number, and Snapchat." I nodded as I grabbed my bag again. He gave me one last hug before backing away to his family who was getting ready to leave.

"We'll see you guys later!" My family called before walking out of the house and towards our rental car.

•••

I skipped off the plane and went to baggage claim with my brothers. We were all excited to finally be home. I was just excited to be back in California. We collected our things and did everything we needed to do.

"Alright! Can you drop me off at the beach?" I asked. Good thing I packed my uniform and jacket. "Yeah!" My dad smiled as we drove home.

It took a little while to get to the beach, but we made it. "Thank you, I'll see you guys later." I said before climbing over Reed and getting out. Delilah climbed into my old seat. I waved before closing the door and running into the locker room to change.

I quickly changed and ran to the tower. I didn't tell them what time I would be back, so I hope they're surprised.

"Hey guys!" I said as I jumped onto the deck and into the tower. No one was there. "Um?" I softly said to my self as I looked around. Their bags were in the tower, so I knew they were here. My eyes landed on the storage building.

I swear to god if they somehow locked themselves in there. I jumped out of the tower and went towards the storage area. When I opened the door, I was met with nothing. "I'll go ask Logan." I said to my self before running to her tower. I jumped onto my old towers deck and went inside and saw Dylan and Logan. "Has anyone seen my pod?" I questioned.

"Roger's office." Dylan said. "What? Why?" I exclaimed. "No idea." Logan said. "Thanks." I quickly said before running towards HQ.

I ran up the stairs and burst into Roger's office. "What happened?" I asked. They all turned to me. "Nothing? We were just talking about how they earned tower one?" Roger said with a confused expression on his face. "Oh." I laughed to my self. Tyler held his hand out for me, which I gladly accepted and stood next to Gina. Gina smiled at me before turning back to Roger.

"I'm really proud of you guys. You overcame Brody and took your spot in tower one. I'm beyond proud." Roger smiled at the six of us. "And Tyler, I'm really proud of you getting good grades all year." Roger told his step son. "You have to give Callie some credit, she helped me study even though it was extremely late her time." Tyler laughed.

"Thank you, Callie." Roger laughed before dismissing us. We all exited his office and walked to our tower before cheering. "You're back!" Gina and Lizzie exclaims before hugging me. "Back and better than ever." I chuckled. Eric joined in on the hug. "Where's Tyler?" I asked as I looked up from the hug. "I was waiting for my turn." He chuckles before hugging me tightly. "I missed you." He said into my hair.

"How'd you miss me? We talked every night before bed?" I asked. Tyler looked around at the pod before continuing. They were all out on the deck. "I missed the touch of you body." He smirked before joining everyone else.

•••

Tyler got off the bus with me to find out no one was home. "Finally, I need a break from my family." I groaned as I walked inside. Moon came barreling towards me. "Moon!" I exclaimed as I picked her up. She purred in my arms as Tyler pet her.

She jumped out of my arms and ran upstairs. Tyler gently pulled me to him by my belt loops and pressed his chest against my back. His soft lips pressed against my neck.

"Ty, stop." I giggled as I pulled away from him. He pulled his lips away from my neck and smiled down at me. "Want to go hang out upstairs?" I asked as I skipped to the kitchen to grab a snack. He followed me and sat down on the counter.

"Sure, do you have any water?" Tyler asked. I pointed to the fridge which had a whole dispenser on it. "I'm an idiot." Tyler laughed. I laughed as I ate my snack, which is a granola bar. Tyler's tall frame hopped off the counter before grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I finished my snack and threw the wrapper in the trash can. Tyler grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs.

His large hand set his water bottle down and sat down on the bed before pulling me between his legs. I was still standing up, so I rested my hands on his shoulders.

His bright green eyes stared right into mine. My hands came up and played with his long hair as I stared into his green eyes. He closed his eyes in content and rested his head on my stomach. His arms wrapped around my legs and hugged me tightly. "You okay?" I asked him. He nodded against my stomach with a smile on his face. "Just very cuddly." He laughs as he gently kissed my stomach.

"I love you."