Chapter 8

The roaring sound of music and drunken laughter filled my trashy motel room through the open window. I rolled around in the squeaky bed, desperately trying to fall asleep. It was 4 am in the goddamn morning and I hadn't slept yet. It was a Friday night, so I had no school in the morning but that didn't mean I didn't need sleep.

After the dreadful talk with Tyler, I felt exhausted. Sleep was the one thing I was hoping to get when I got to this stupid room. However, life had different plans for me. As always.

The parking lot was full of hormonal teenagers drinking and dancing their lives away. Moments like these made me hate the youth even more than I already did. I'm not 90 years old, I just really wanted to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow, I have a night shift at the bar. So as you can imagine, tonight's sleep is crucial.

"Turn it up!" A group of girls squealed as their favorite song came on.

I screamed into my pillow with the last bit of energy I had.

Should I call the cops? Nah. I'm a bitch, but not to that extent.

The music became even louder, making the walls in my room shake. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and huffed. Might as well get up now.

Walking up to the window, I slipped on my robe. The breeze from the open window made me shiver, clinging onto the robe for dear life. I pulled the dusty curtains back to see the scene outside. My eyes landed on the tall, dark-haired boy. Why am I not surprised?

Among the swarm of drunk teens, Ethan sat there casually on the trunk of a black car. I watched him take a swig out of what seemed to be a whiskey bottle. Words cannot describe the anger that boiled up in me at that moment.

He told a cop, what wasn't his to tell. He had no right to do so.

I opened the window to its' extent. "Hey, dipshit!" I called, my voice loud and clear. Everyone looked up, confused. I could only recognize about 3 faces from our school. The rest seemed like complete strangers to me.

Ethan's eyes met mine and turned to slits.

"Come here, let's talk" I motioned for him to come up to my room. He set his whiskey bottle down on the trunk and pushed through the crowd, his furious stare never leaving me. I shut the window and took a seat on the window sill. I knew the door here didn't lock, so there was no need to go invite him in. He'll find his way in.

A few moments passed before he stormed in, his shoulders stiff and an overall uptight vibe to him."What the hell are you doing here?" He roared.

I blinked. Excuse me? I thought I was supposed to be the angry one.

"Trying to sleep and failing, thanks to you and your whores" I shrugged, staring at him daringly.

"Why the hell are you not back at your own house?" He pressed, impatiently. I watched his eyes, squinting. They were bloodshot and droopy. He was obviously wasted and by the looks of it, extremely exhausted. Too bad I don't give a damn.

"Sorry, did I miss the part when you became my parent?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. He stared at me like a maniac.

"You didn't make a statement? That fucking lover-boy cop of yours didn't take your statement? Are you fucking stupid?!" He exclaimed, giving me the 'you're the dumbest person I know' look.

To say the least, I was flattered. Not.

"Why do you care?" I dragged out. He ran his shaky hand through his hair, breathing heavily. His green bloodshot eyes racing from one spot to another. Nothing to say, huh?