Chapter 46

''Yes, Dylan! You have to take that booth!'' I whined, maneuvering my way around the island with two trays full of drinks.''I'm already serving four booths!'' I added, just to make him feel a little more guilty.

''But it's a bunch of hormonal teenage girls!'' He argued, giving me a 'please save me' look.

''Exactly!'' I laughed, almost letting one of the trays fall out of my hand. Why am I such a klutz today? ''They'll love you'' I winked and walked off to serve my booths.

It was already a crazy night. The bar was packed and new people kept piling in. I barely had a spare second to get my head straight. And for that, I was thankful. In a weird way.

''Thank you, doll!'' A man winked at me as I handed drinks out to his friends. I faked a smile and hurried off to the next booth. God, I hate old men.

''Melanie, what a weird coincidence!'' A familiar voice spoke from behind me. I stopped in my tracks, slowly turning to see him.

''Tyler?'' I scrunched up my eyebrows at him. What the hell is a cop doing in an underground bar? An underground bar with a lot of underage drinkers...might I add.

''The boys and I wanted to check this place out'' He chuckled at my expression.''I heard the waitress is hot'' He winked, making me gape at him.

''Wha-''

''Nevermind that, I'm a little drunk'' He waved me off before looking around with a look of pure fascination.''So this is what Louis' daughter is doing for a living, huh? I must say, it looks a lot more different than when he ran it...'' He said more to himself than anyone else.

''You're not gonna shut this place down...are you?'' I gulped, already imagining the shitstorm Meg would brew up if that ever happened.

He laughed, giving me a goofy look.''Of course not! A lot of our boys down at the department love this place. Besides, Meg pays big money to some big people to keep this place running'' He explained just as one of his friends walked passed and greeted him with a swift fist bump.

 Besides, Meg pays big money to some big people to keep this place running'' He explained just as one of his friends walked passed and greeted him with a swift fist bump

I let out a sigh of relief at that.

''Melanie, Tyler'' Ethan's voice hit me like a truck from behind. Tyler had a faint look of disappointment in his eyes but I shook that thought away as I turned to greet Ethan.

''Ethan...'' I stared into his green eyes. Everything I wanted to say to him had vanished from my brain all of a sudden.''Can I talk to you?'' I finally mustered up enough courage.

''Yeah, what's wrong-''

''Hi, Mels!'' Jackson appeared beside me, shaking me to the core.

What the hell is this?!

''Do you mind? We were in the middle of something'' Ethan groaned, gritting his teeth as he spoke to Jackson. 

''Hello to you too, Melanie's grumpy friend'' Jackson snorted in reply.