Chapter 54

Melanie's POV

I held onto Tyler's arm as we walked down the empty street. We left the bar after a while, once everyone calmed down after the incident with Ethan. Meg was mad at him, as always. Trent refused to speak on the matter whatsoever. Dylan was worried about me. And Tyler was angry, to my surprise. He was hiding something and I knew it. Every time someone said something about Ethan being weird tonight, he clenched his jaw. Come to think of it, Trent had a similar reaction.

 A comfortable silence surrounded us as we walked and I got lost in my thoughts.

''What are you thinking about?'' Tyler asked, nudging me a little.

''Something was off about him'' I spoke my mind. Over the last couple of months, I grew closer to Tyler. He was a great guy. I felt that I could speak my mind with him because he always understands.

He looked at me, a faint look of hurt flashing through his eyes but he quickly covered it up with a smile.''Yeah, something was different about him'' He agreed, thinking deeply about something. Another thing about Tyler- He always knew what I was talking about even if I was being extremely vague.

''Maybe he changed...after being gone for so long'' I shrugged, furrowing my eyebrows as I started to think of where Ethan had been all this time.

''Maybe'' Tyler sighed, shaking his head.

I leaned into his arm, confused by his sudden frown.

''What?'' I asked.

His head snapped my way and he was contemplating something for a while before flashing me another smile.''I don't like it when you worry your pretty little head about things that you cant control'' He explained with a charming smile.

''Wooow!'' I laughed, throwing my head back a little.''Such a charmer!'' I nudged him with my elbow. He swatted me away, chuckling a little despite his attempt to hide his amusement.

''Yeah, yeah!'' He sighed, smiling to himself. He's cute.

But he's not him.

''If you love him, you need to find out what's going on'' He spoke again, his voice came out forced. His tone made me feel like he knew something I didn't, but I didn't dare question it. Another thing I liked about Tyler- He always spoke the truth, no matter how difficult and unbearable it was.

''He won't let me in'' I huffed.

''Then knock down the door and barge in'' He shrugged, making me laugh. But there was no humor in his voice, which made me raise an eyebrow. He must be really drunk...

''Do I look like I have a death wish?'' I rolled my eyes playfully.

''No,'' He smiled down at me, his warm brown eyes shining under the street lights.''You look beautiful'' He poked my nose and I gaped at him.

''Will you stop that!'' I pushed him a little, rolling my eyes again.''I get it, you're hella smooth!''

''Sorry, I can't help it!'' He raised his hands defensively, laughing at my face.

I groaned but laughed anyway.

''Let's go'' He suddenly stopped, giving me a serious look. Oh Dear God...not a cop giving me a serious look...

''Where?'' I raised an eyebrow, stopping too.

''To his place'' He stared blankly at me.

What?!

''Are you crazy?!'' I exclaimed, turning a few heads our way.

He shook his head, taking my hand in his and leading me in the opposite direction. How does he know where Ethan lives?! ''Come on. We're gonna go sort this shit out'' He glanced back at me as he pulled me along. Wow, drunk Tyler was a whole different person...