Chapter 15

My blood boiled as I washed table nr.9's shot glasses. I made sure to keep an eye on all of the guys sitting at that table. They were far too shady, for my liking. So I felt obligated to make sure nothing was going to go wrong. After all, it's my shift and I can't be the one calling the cops on these guys if something happens. Speaking of my shift, it wasn't just mine.

He looked up at me, winking. I grabbed one of their empty beer bottles and dumped it into the trash. He smirked at me as I straightened up again. I could practically hear his perverted thoughts. So I flipped him off, dumping all of the remaining empty bottles into the trash. He had the nerve to sit there all smug, while I work my ass off on my own?! It was our shift. And he sat there, drinking and playing cards with his shady-ass buddies. Fantastic.

"Didn't expect to see you here"

I looked up to see Trent, sitting on the other side of the counter.

"Yeah, not many people from our school come here" I smiled.

He nodded, chuckling at the thought. After all, we're underage and that would explain why not a lot of kids from our school come here."So I'm surprised you're here" I added, placing a cold beer in front of him.

"See those guys" He pointed at table nr.9 and rolled his eyes at their obnoxious behavior."I'm with them"

I raised my eyebrows."Didn't know you and Ethan are close" I commented, trying not to sound as mad as I actually was. Even the thought of Ethan made my blood boil. He should be glad that it wasn't as busy as a Saturday night. Because if it was, I would surely cut his balls off.

"You're the only person who doesn't know then" Trent laughed.

I rolled my eyes, wiping the counter clean to the sound of his laughter."I guess I'm out of the school's social loop" I shrugged.

"You're not the only one" He downed the last of his beer and I took the empty bottle away. He smiled, thinking very deeply about something. I made a face, placing another beer in front of him.

"Did Ethan send you over?" I asked as I washed another glass and glared at the dickhead, also known as Ethan, occasionally. The shameless motherfucker kept staring at me, despite my obvious anger.

"Nope," He shook his head."I just got tired of all the commotion, as I always do"

I nodded, understanding.

"He's a dick for this" He motioned to nothing in particular."He's doing this so his buddies over there don't realize that he works here"

"I know. I just don't get why he asked for the job, in the first place. If he's fully loaded and afraid of ruining his rep, why ask for this job?" I rolled my eyes, pouring myself a glass of whiskey. How can any sane person, not become an alcoholic with a life like this? By then, all my screws were loose, so I wouldn't know what it's like to be sane.

"I don't know" He shrugged, leaning back in his seat."By the way, since when are you and Quinn friends?"

I looked up at him, wiping my wet hands with a hand towel. "I don't know, it kind of just happened. She's been in the support group ever since I was forced to be in it. I guess it made us closer somehow..." I shrugged, not giving the topic too much attention. He rubbed his chin, thinking about something.

"She's pissed" I added, turning around to grab a box full of beer. Surprisingly, it was a favorite that night. And I was all alone to serve it to everyone. I groaned internally at the thought of that dickhead again.

"I know she's pissed" Trent sighed. I plopped the box onto the table and started taking them out with both hands.

"So why don't you do something about it?" I suggested. He scoffed, pushing his empty beer bottle closer to me. I took it, reluctantly.