Chapter 13

After taking a long hot shower, I walked out into the bedroom wearing only a towel. I jumped, crashing right into Ethan's chest. "Mel, I'm sorry about last night," He held his hands up in defense. I rolled my eyes at him, remembering the events of last night. 'Sorry' won't help, buddy. I clutched the towel wrapped around me, glaring at him.

"Can you leave? I need to get dressed for school" I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Meg sent me videos of last night and...I can't believe I was that wasted" He blocked my path, gently placing his hands on my arms. I quickly shook them off, annoyed.

"Yeah? Well excuse me, but I'm struggling to give a shit!" I snapped back, trying to push him out of my way. He stood his ground, running his hand through his scruffy hair.

"Mel, I didn't mean what I said" He finally choked out, letting me get passed him.

I stopped, spinning around on my heels. He remembers? "What exactly are you talking about?" I asked, proceeding to pick out my clothes for the day.

"I'm not done with your shit" He explained sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck and avoiding my glare."And it's not um...shit" He added.

I rolled my eyes, going further into the closet so I could change in peace. "I'm surprised you can remember anything, considering the state you were in..." I muttered. By the sound of it, he plopped down onto my bed.

"I wish I couldn't remember...but I can. And I feel really shitty about all of it, seriously" He admitted, sighing. I pulled the khaki-colored biker jeans on, rolling my eyes at his words. He thinks he can just come in looking all embarrassed and regretful, and I'll forgive him? Just like that? When he got mad about Tyler, I had to prance around him like a freaking puppy!

I slipped a black sweatshirt on over my head, tugging at it angrily. Yes, angrily. Fuming inside, I walked out of the closet with a hand on my hip. He looked up at me like a deer in headlights.

"Can we be okay again?" He frowns, sitting up on the bed. I shrugged, grabbing my backpack and phone. "Time will tell," I said, leaving the bedroom without a second thought.

***

I dropped myself onto a seat next to Quinn, ignoring Alisa's invasive stare. The circle was almost full, minus a few people. Guess who isn't here. 

Ever since the drive to school, Ethan and I entered the silent-treatment phase. We refused to understand each other, let alone speak to one another. He got mad at my attitude before school and I'm mad he can't take responsibility for his actions. I didn't need an apology. I needed a damn explanation. Why did he say what he said? That's the question. Why was he so upset about Dom being my father?  That's also the question.

"Okay, let's give them a few more minutes" Alisa spoke up, looking down at her expensive watch. Must be nice. To have parents who have provided enough stability for you, to last your entire life. I wondered what it was like, to have parents who cared enough to work their asses off so that you'd have a good life. I mean, speaking from my point of view, it must be nice to have proper parents.

"How are you?" Quinn broke the silence between the two of us, as everyone else separated into different conversations.

"Could always be worse" I shrugged, looking away.

"I guess you're right" She snorted.

Before I had the chance to say anything else the door slammed open, hitting the wall. Ethan strolled in, a cigarette between his lips. I watched him take a seat across from me, as always. He was clearly avoiding eye contact and it made me feel strange. Oh, so now you're upset you're not getting his attention?