Chapter Fourteen- A Pictures Worth a Thousand Words

I ran out the door and into Harry’s car, slamming the door behind me. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed. I heard the driver’s side door open and slam shut.

“Shit.” Harry swore under his breath. “Go, go go!” He urged his car. I could hear Niall shouting outside. Harry’s car finally started and we zoomed off, leaving Niall in the dust. There was a long silence before Harry spoke. “I am so sorry you had to deal with this bullshit.” He ran a hand through his hair.

“Harry, its not your fault. And I don’t want your sympathy, I’m not a basket case. I just want your support. Its just a bump in the road that is life. A big bump. A bump that leaves you with a flat tire, but you can replace the tire.” I petered off as tears flowed freely down my face. Harry pulled over on the side of the road.

“Ashlyn, its not just a bump in the road.” Harry looked at me intently, grasping my hand in his warm one, squeezing it tightly. “He broke your heart twice! The little prick doesn’t even realize it! You deserve so much better. Someone who sees you for who you are. Accepts you for who you are. Makes you smile, makes you blush, makes you feel like a princess. Someone who thinks you’re beautiful even when you’re crying.” His voice got down to a whisper as he wiped a tear off my cheek. “Someone who won’t break your heart.” He leaned closer. “Can’t you see that I’m the one who understands you?” He sang quietly, grasping my hand. “Been here all along so why can’t you see?” He leaned even closer. “You, you belong with me. You belong with me.” He whispered resting his forehead on my own. My eyes flickered to his lips and back up to his eyes, which were almost closed as he glanced at my lips. Next thing I knew, lips met lips and we were kissing. I pushed him away after a few seconds. “Shit. Shit. SHIT. I’m sorry, Ashlyn. Its too soon, isn’t it? God, I am such an asshole. I am so sorry.”

“Harry.”

“I can’t believe-“

“-Harry!-“

“-That I did that, I’m so sorr-“

“Harry!” His head snapped and our eyes met.

“Are you mad at me? I don’t-“ I did the only thing I knew to make him shut up. I kissed him. When I pulled away I blushed, looking away. “Ashlyn….”

“I don’t know. Harry, I really like you, but I don’t think- no, I know I’m not over Niall. I don’t want to hurt you. I want it to be fair for you.” I explained.

“I understand. I just ask that you give me a chance. I could be everything you’re looking for and more. Just please, Ashlyn, let me have a chance.” He begged.

“Sure. Thank you for understanding.” I smiled sadly as Harry pulled back onto the roadway. We pulled up to Harry’s flat and handed the keys to the valet. I followed Harry up to the flat and I immediately collapsed on the couch. “This is so comfy. I could just sleep on this tonight.”

“Ashlyn, absolutely not. You get my bed, I’ll take the couch.”