Chapter Twenty-One- First Time

Ashlyn’s POV

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache lying on the bed alone. I rolled over to see Niall passed out on the floor. I chuckled lightly, but it hurt so I immediately stopped. I sighed, getting up out of the bed, hoisting Niall onto it with much difficulty.

I walked into the bathroom, grabbing the bottle of painkillers, taking a few, then heading downstairs for a bite to eat. I pushed open the door to see Liam in the kitchen making breakfast.

“Hello. I figured you two would be too hung over to cook, so I figured I would for you.” Liam said with a smile.

“Thanks, Li.” I said as I poured myself a glass of orange juice, sipping it gingerly. “So why was Niall on the floor this morning?”

“Well, you were no problem to lift into bed, but he’s a fatty so I gave up.”

“You’re a wimp and a quitter. I lifted him into the bed. It was hard, but I did it.” Liam snorted. “You are! If I could do it, you could. I’m half your size, not that I’m saying you’re fat, I’m just-“

“You’re done.” Niall mumbled, covering my mouth with his hand. I flicked my tongue out, licking his hand quickly. “Ew! That’s gross!” He exclaimed, wiping his hand on my shirt. I grinned, looking up at him. He leaned down and swiftly pressed his lips to my own.

“Here, you lovebirds. I’m leaving before something like last night actually happens, not just almost.” Liam shoved two plates onto the table and darted out of the kitchen.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, big guy, where do you think you’re going?” I chased after him, grabbing his sleeve. He gave me a sheepish look. “What happened?”

“Nothing.”

“Liam.”

“Nothing!”

“Liam James Payne if you don’t tell me right this instance I will chop your balls off and glue them to your forehead.” He looked scared.

“You guys almost did the dishes.”

“Excuse me?”

“The laundry? No? Um, almost put the toast in the toaster? The pencil in the pencil sharpener?” Niall and I exchanged confused looks. “Um, almost did the dirty.” I stared at him blankly. “Oh my God! You guys almost had drunk sex. There you go.” Liam’s hand flew over his own mouth as he ran out of the apartment. I’m fairly certain I was a shade of red that could only be described as burgundy, I was blushing so deeply. I turned to Niall who scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“Did we really?” I asked.

“I don’t remember.” Niall admitted.

“Me either. I was too drunk.”

“Me too.” We stood there in an awkward silence.

“Well I’m glad Liam stopped us.” I blurted.

“What?” Niall’s eyes snapped up to meet mine.

“I want to remember our first time.” Niall smiled.

“Me too.” He kissed my nose softly before leading me over to eat breakfast.

I’m genuinely glad that Liam made us wait. I’ve always been a girl who believed in waiting for after marriage. Or at least until I’m not drunk.

I feel like I’m losing steam going through this story, so I’m going to speed up time to speed up events. And I’m kind of excited about some of the new things that will happen!! 

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE