Chapter Seventeen- Fake

Ashlyn’s POV

I snuggled into Harry’s chest as we watched the movie. It was such a sad film for being a children’s movie. I heard Liam sniffle and I smiled. I loved the way that he was so carefree and innocent. He was so sweet. Danielle was the perfect girl from him. She was a doll too. Harry snaked his arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head gently. I smiled up at him and looked back at the screen. It was the very end where Andy gives his toys to the little girl. I rested my head on Harry’s shoulder and sighed, content. I glanced over at Caramine who had a slight smirk on her face as the leaned up and kissed Niall straight on the lips. My eyes bugged out of my head, but I quickly regained my composure. I coughed awkwardly and sat up, grabbing my glass to give me an excuse to go into the kitchen. I stood at the counter, pouring some water back into the glass and sat down, taking a sip. I heard knocking on the doorframe. I turned to look, eyes meeting Zayn’s dark ones. He gave me a sad smile.

“Are you okay?”  Zayn asked, taking a couple steps towards me. I shrugged.

“Yeah.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“I know.” Zayn sighed. There was a moment of silence.

“You still like him, don’t you?” He asked, leaning on the counter next to me. I stared straight ahead, taking asip of water.

“Yeah.”

“I thought so.” Silence.

“I just don’t know.”

“I think you do in your heart of hearts. I think you know exactly what you want, but you don’t want to ruin his relationship. If he’s happy you’re happy, even if it means he is with someone else.” I shrugged.

“Not helping.”

“Ashlyn….” Zayn trailed off.

“Sorry. I’m going out. I need some fresh air. Tell Harry not to worry.” I pushed past him, grabbing my jacket and heading downstairs and outside. I pulled my jacket around me as the cool London air greeter my face.

I walked aimlessly, turning randomly until I found myself at a little coffee shop. I walked in, ordering a tall latte, paying, then sitting down in the corner booth, listening to the boy playing the guitar. He sang beautifully and his guitar playing was immaculate. His long, skinny fingers glided over the strings in a seamless fashion. I was entranced. I sipped my coffee mindlessly. The boy walked off the stage, leaving me with nothing but the desire to learn how to play the guitar. I rushed back to the flat, bursting in. Everyone had left except Niall.

“Niall, why did they go?”

“I don’t know. They just told me to make sure that I was here and awake when you got home.” He shrugged, taking another sip of his beer.

“Share?” I asked, reaching for the bottle. He handed it to me. “Thanks.” I said right before taking a gulp. “Ew, tequila is better.” I scrunched up my nose. “ Teach me how to play the guitar.” I said