I Still Love You-Kleinsen

Jared punched his wall. His knuckles were bleeding, but it didn't matter. He didn't want to stop. Tears poured down his face, fogging up his glasses and puddling onto his shirt. He sobbed harder.

"FUCK YOU!" He screamed, helplessly leaning his head on the wall. "Fuck Evan. Fuck Connor. Fuck god. Fuck everything!"

"Jared?" Jared jumped, clenching his fists. Evan was standing in the doorway, a look of confusion on his face.

"GET OUT!"

"I, I don't get why you're so upset. You can tell me."

"Great! I don't care! Get the fuck out of my house!"

"Jared, I care about you. Tell me what's wro-"

"I STILL LOVE YOU!" Jared yelled, curling up into a ball and running his hands through his hair. Evan's eyes widened, and he slowly took a step back.

"Jared, I'm sorry, but Connor-"

"Get out of my house! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" He screeched, grabbing the closest thing- a pillow- and weakly throwing it in Evan's direction. He missed. It hit the wall next to him. "GO THE FUCK AWAY ALREADY!" Evan bit his lip, nodding and walking out of the room. Jared sobbed.

Jared and Evan had dated over a year ago.

But then Evan met Connor, and the two fell hopelessly in love. Evan broke up with Jared, and Jared never got over him.

Jared whined into his knees.

Deep breaths, Jared. Deep breaths.

He never loved you.

Breathe. Breathe, okay?

He never cared.

Brea-
◾▪◾▪
"JARED, BREATHE!"

"I can't, I can't, I-"

"Jare, everything will be okay. You'll be okay. I'm here for you. Deep breaths, okay?"

"I, I-"

"Jared, breathe. I'm not going anywhere. I love you."

"I love you too."
▪◾▪◾
"Jared, can we... Can we talk?"

"Hm?"

"I don't... I think... We need to break up."

"Why?"

"I don't... I don't you anymore. I'm so sorry, I just, I can't- Jared, please, I'm sorry, just, please calm down- Jared, please breathe- JARED!"
◾▪◾▪

Jared saw the way Evan looked at Connor. Stars in his eyes. His whole expression lit up whenever he saw the boy. Evan never looked at Jared that way. Evan never looked at Jared with the compassion and love he did when he saw Connor.

When Evan talked about Connor, his whole face would turn red. He would talk about the boy for hours. His hair, his eyes, his clothes. Evan never talked about Jared that way.

Jared was still in love with Evan. He never fell out of love with Evan. Evan was perfect. He was kind. Smart. Attractive. Jared could listen to Evan talk about anything at all, and he would still swoon, no matter what the topic was.

Jared loved everything about Evan. He loved the way he walked. He loved his singing voice, the way he blushed whenever his name was mentioned. There was a small part of Jared that still believed that Evan would love him again. That everything would go back to how it used to be.

But every other part of him new that this wasn't true. Connor was so much better than Jared was. He was taller. He had better hair. He was skinnier. He was easier to talk to.

Connor was the person that Evan deserved. He was the person that would give Evan everything that Jared apparently couldn't.

Evan didn't love Jared.

Jared just had to wake up and realize it.