CORRUPTED (Screen Play)

EXT. BY A WELL IN HER VILLAGE - VERY EARLY MORNING 

The year is somewhere around the 1900’s. A rusty brown color taints the brick of the small houses. The small slants of the light brown color of the olden wood resemble What do they resemble? ? We see a well, a brown musty brick color and  a little pail on the rope, water filled to the top. Young Irene sits on the brick waiting for her friend Jackson to show up. 

Young thirteen-year-old IRENE has long, dark brown hair barely reaching her waist. Brown eyes stare into the emptiness of the brown color of the brick road.  Her brown cloth dress reaches about to her knees. Finally, a little older male, JACKSON, with dark black hair approaches her with brown cloth over his legs and arms. 

IRENE
Finally, Jackson! I was scared you weren’t about to show up! 

JACKSON, is the mayor’s nephews. , And after a shameful incident that had happened years ago in a war,. JACKSON lost both of his parents.  He’s is with his uncle, is the only person he has left.  

JACKSON (with a small chuckle) 
Sorry! You know how uncle can get. 

The two run off playing.  with a Bbright smiles and wide mouths of giggles appear as they run around the village dancing past people who seem to be walking to a place. Stopping at the wooden fence, there stood JACKSON’S uncle waiting there for something. 

MAYOR 
I’m so glad everyone could make it today. As some of you may know, there is a daunting magic around us. And I am not exactly sure what it is, but I plan to figure it out! Before it destroys us. 

There stood JACKSON and IRENE with wide eyes and slightly open mouths. expressions. They are may be young, but they are still old enough to understand what is going on in their village.  Show this through dialogue.d 

IRENE 
Jackson! This is it! This is our calling! We have to go save our village! 

JACKSON 
But how, Irene? We are just kids… What can we do that the adults can’t? 

IRENE
We can do it! 

IRENE
Tonight, at high moon point we leave, and we figure this out. I believe in us Jackson. 

JACKSON (blushes) 
Us? 
IRENE
IRENE (with a confident smile in her eyes) 
Us! 

With the sun setting in a purple and orange blob, the dark blue of the sky starts to set in from the West side. Irene makes her way back to her small, drab darken brown village house., Tthe windows are covered in a brown cloth with the dust of wind blowing in from the East, blowing Irene’s hair into her face. 

Walking into the small creaky door, the small light lit in the corner of the room is the only thing lightening up the room. There sits JIN, IRENE’S nine-year-old brother, dark brown hair and big brown eyes. He sStares ing at her as he sits on the cloth of the hay that is used as a bed. 

IRENE
Jin, sweetie! Take a nap, because at high moon we are going on an adventure with Jackson. 

JIN 
Why do we have to go on this adventure for sissy? 

IRENE 
You will find out later, Jinnie, but for now sleep. 

Taking a small cup,IRENE covers the flame enlightening the flame that once lit up the room. JIN is asleep on a pile of hay that they used to sleep on with a small brown cloth covering his small, chubby body.