Queen's Death

I'm back but I'm pretty sure nobody missed me. But anyways, I figured that I'd share this with ya'll?

I'd say this could be, like, ten years after War Storm?

He refused to believe it. But when the day her funeral rolled around he had to accept the bitter truth.

She's gone. She won't and never will come back.

Cal stood at her coffin to bid her goodbye. Her family already did so. It must've been harsh on them, to see another sibling at the end of the line of life. They were sobbing, moans and cries of regret and sorrow for Mare's death. He looked back at her pale face, gazing over every feature, from her small ears to her plump lips. In the fairy tales, all Prince Charming needed to bring the beautiful princess back to life was true love's kiss.

Except Cal wasn't royalty anymore.

And Mare was not a beautiful princess.

She was his gorgeous queen in everything but name.

And no matter how much passion, how much longing, how much love was put into the kiss, she wouldn't come back.

Why couldn't he accept that?

Because she was the only family he had left. Julian and Nanabel passed away a few years ago, and his brother and parents were long gone.

                                                                              ***

After a brief eulogy, and the funeral came to an end, Farley put a hand on his shoulder.

"It isn't easy is it?"

"Of course not," he snapped back.

"I know how you feel. You aren't the only one to go through that."

How could anyone forget?

Farley lost her lover before he even knew about his child.

They shouldn't have held these ceremonies on bright days without a cloud in the sky. A sunny day without his lightning girl was a dark one.

Especially on her birthday.

It was rumored that the first woman was made from the a rib of the first man.

That made sense.

Because Cal would never feel whole again.

Now this type of writing is more of my style. Not the best, but this was the first I've done. I wrote another one like this and if ya want, I could post it.