50 Years Ago...

They liked having their parents over. It was almost like having legends sitting in your living room, telling stories of their memories and fantasy.

Actually, it was that.

Coriane's and Shade's children always loved to hear the wise (though seemingly insane) advice given by the great Tiberias Calore the Seventh, as well as the Little Lightning Girl. The children never knew why they were unfazed by cheating boyfriends or traitorous friends, until that one night of their last reunion.

"The world was always like this, wasn't it?"

Mare only smiled. "Of course it wasn't, child. Many years before, this was a monarchy."

"A monarchy?"

"Yes. With cruel kings and slaving Reds like I." She drummed her fingers on the arm of her chair.

"But you said Grandfather was a prince. Was he not cruel?"

She smirked. "At first, yes. Or it was just my hatred towards the Silver Princes." Her husband merely gave a sideways smile.

"To the contrary, I was actually concerned of the well-being of your kind."

Mare scoffed. "You say that like we're animals."

"Well......."

The kids giggled and Mare shot Cal a glare.

"Yes, there were rougher times before you were born. Silvers could not be with Reds, as it was forbidden. And there could have been no same-gender relationships, as it was viewed as a waste of money.

"Despite the circumstances, I fell in love with this idiot right beside me, and.......Evangeline loved  Elane. And now you see people holding hands no matter the color of blood."

"Just how did you fall in love with him? Surely he wasn't your only one."

Mare had a faraway look in her eye, as if she were looking back to where she was a Red Rat thieving the poor, beating up her best friend, and falling into  an electrical shield—and new life.

They knew it was time for another story.

"You see here, 50 years ago, in the land of Norta, there used to be a monarchy............."

Could I have resisted? No. I had to write this little one shot because I had the vibe at 11:32pm. It just felt like a peaceful scene, though I keep imagining the characters with British accents and it CLEARLY shows the map that it's the future America. I'm done rambling.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading @ringler123 's one shots if you're kind of wishing for a happier setting and actually funny bits.

This is the third writer typing, and have a great day.🙂