Another AU

The first time people look at him, they see him as a conquest. Someone to date just for a title.

He didn't care. That was the life he had at his old school. Now, he came to school for a new start. New friends, new teachers, no problems from the past, no.....

He didn't want to think about it. Anything but that.

...

The first time he walked into the school halls, he noticed that right away things were not much different. Girls threw themselves his path in order to get his number, name, any information for a slim chance of dating what they deem an "angel".

He got sick of the attention when he entered the classroom to find that the only empty seat was at the back of the class, and beside the seemingly meanest, cruel and stuck-up plastic female.

He did his best to ignore her smirk as he sat down.

Luckily she hadn't said anything, done anything except stare at him to show she was interested.

Right before the bell rang, a girl walked in.

What caught his attention was that many students were quietly snickering and talking about a burn in her back. Burn? His heart sank at the memory the little moment brought, and even more so when the girl walked right up to him and frowned, but made a weak attempt at concealing her sadness.

"That's my seat," she whispered.

Wow. No compliment? No flirting?

Say something.

"I don't see your name on it." Good job, idiot.

The girl rolled her eyes before saying, "But I always sit here when....." she trailed off.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"That's my seat. Get off."

He knew something was different about this girl right away, and to be honest, aside from being petty, he liked to keep this game going. "No... I don't think I will."

She rolled her eyes again, sighed, and put her books right on top of his.

He was confused for about two seconds, then widened his eyes when she sat right on his lap to start taking notes.

So she was like the other girls.

"Miss Barrow, please get off Cal's lap before he gets a boner," Mr. Jacos chided. The class glared at the girl.

Probably jealous they couldn't get that close to him.

"He's in my seat, and unless there's another spot for him, I'm not moving." The teacher didn't exactly seem satisfied by her answer, but shook his head and went back to writing on the board.

...

The seating arrangement annoyed him for the first ten minutes of class time, but he found that he liked having this girl sitting on his lap, strange as it sounded.

She smelled nice, like magnolias. Her hair was a nice shade of brown and a perfect length for his taste. Though it got in his face when she whipped her head in different directions, he soon got used to it.

Yep, he didn't even know this girl's first name and he already liked her.

When the bell rang for the next period, she finally moved off his lap and started to gather her things.

"I never got your name, you know."

The girl perked up at his saying, then shrugged. She didn't talk as she picked up the last of her books.

He didn't know whether it was on purpose or by mistake, but he was surprised to see that she didn't notice the extra textbook in her hand.

On impulse, his arm caught her wrist and pulled her to face him.

"Thief," he smirked.

She blinked. "Obviously." She jerked her arm from his grasp and kept walking.

"I need that book for my next class," he said.

She kept walking.

"Hey. Hey! Give me the book back." He started after her, walking at a quick pace.

When he caught up to her, she turned her head. "I have a name, you know."

He rolled his eyes. "Like I said, I never got your name."

"Mare." She looked down rather shyly.

"Mare?"

She nodded.

"Well then nice to meet you. I'm Cal." He held out his hand.

Mare turned around and walked to her class without shaking his hand, not even looking back.

Done. Wow, took such a long time to write. Umm....requests? I'll be happy to fulfill those that don't involve smut, incest, violent stuff, that kind of thing.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂