In The Gloaming

Kudos if you know the song and/or movie.

So................... I'm back ya'll. This time I decided to do a late 1960s scene since I'm a sucker for a certain old show. The song is...... it's old.

So this takes place in a friendly town, where interracial couples ARE allowed (I've done my research so there's no whitewashing Mare)

And it's Mareven. So............

Enjoy.

"I think he was the right choice." She sighed, while settling on the bed.

Gisa snorted. "That took ya long enough, didn't it? Tryin' to decide whether you should be with one or the other." She snorted again, before finishing the blanket for Clara. It was a bright pink, and the bedroom light seemed to make it glow. 

That's everything in the town of the Stilts did. Make everything and everyone a little brighter, put it in a cheerful mood. Even the dullest of people, the rusty pieces of metal.

Maybe that was what caught the eye of the Calore brothers. They were passing by when they saw the beautiful face of an extraordinary woman, in a friendly little town. Both vied for her attention, though Maven had won her heart.

"How come the youngest got your love and not his brother, who gave you what you wanted, who spoiled you worse than sour milk?" Gisa asked while putting away the sewing supplies. "And you still love him, though you are......... separated from him." She added softly, knowing that his passing broke her heart.

"Maybe 'cause Maven saw me as a good-hearted woman, not a potential wife to escape the naggin' of his father. Besides, he was the only one that truly appreciated my gift of voice." She said, gazing out the window. Nothing much other than the night settling in the sky.

"In                                                                                                                                                       the gloaming                                                                                                                               ohh, my darling                                                                                                                        when the lights are soft and low........." Mare began, when her sister joined in.

"And the quiet shadows, falling,
softly come and softly go.
When the trees are sobbing faintly,
with a gentle unknown woe,
will you think of me and love me
As you did once, long ago?
In the gloaming, oh my darling
think not bitterly of meThough I passed away in silence
left you lonely, set you free
For my heart was tossed with longing
what had been could never be,
It was best to leave you thus, dear
Best for you, and best for me.
In the gloaming, oh my darling
when the lights are soft and low
Will you think of me, and love me
as you did once, long ago?"

I know, I know, I kill everyone off it seems, but this time it was important because of the song. 

Not my best, I know, I know, but that's probably because the Hamilton soundtrack was stuck in my head.

Hmmmmm.......... you know what, I'm gonna do an alternative to the King's Cage epilogue next.

This is the third owner typing, and have a good day🙂.