Another Au part 5

The week that followed the sickly sweet confession was...weird, to say in the least. The entire reason being Evangeline Samos' scheme.

"Hey Calore." She plopped down right beside him at his usual corner in the cafeteria.

"Evangeline. To what have I done wrong to summon your presence?"

She rolled her eyes. "No time for pleasantries, we both know how you feel about—" she gestured her hand towards Tyton being sweet to Mare—"this."

"Oh?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"You feel depressed, don't you? That nothing in the world goes right. Not to mention a horrible home life makes it worse—"

"Evangeline, did you just come here to talk about how I feel? I think I know my own heart, thank you very much."

"So do I."

She was starting to infuriate him. "And what makes you think so?"

"I've been there, Calore. The one I've fallen for was taken before I gathered the courage to do so myself."

He paused. "Really? And who he end up dating?"

Evangeline grumbled a "she" and cleared her throat. "Tyton. That bastard thinks he can take any girl's virginity. And mark my words, Mare's just another girl to fall into his trap."

"But he just announced—"

"I'm not stupid like certain heterosexual persons. Tyton does the spontaneous to get any girl he wants."

He mulled over her words for a bit. "So do you plan on dating me to get back at her?"

Her face twisted into a grimace. "I thought I told you I was smarter than you. But there is a party coming up....."

"I know, every girl in the school invited me." Sans Mare, he wanted to add.

"Okay then, be there." She said nothing more as she gracefully dusted herself off and rose to her stiletto heels, sauntering towards a girl with blood-red hair and fairly pale skin.

...

Mare slammed her books on Cal's desk to get his attention. "Cal."

He calmly raised his head. "Mare. Shouldn't you be on Tyton's lap?"

"What is your problem? Why don't you talk to me?"

"Do you want me to talk to you? Are you sure your boyfriend will be okay with that?"

Mare paused. "He's not my—"

"I have the same lunch period as you, Mare."

She flinched, suddenly finding her feet more interesting than his eyes.

They both took it as the conversation being over, and she went back to her new seat as the bell rang.

...

He walked home as usual, but passing by Tyton's car, he felt the urge to kick it.

His preferred method of transportation was still in the garage, but the last thing he needed was more attention.

Although it would annoy Tyton...

"Cal! Wait!"

Mare?

For a girl with tiny legs, she ran fast. "I thought I could catch up with you." She gave a small smile, and Cal forced himself to slow down (not a very easy thing for someone with long legs) so she could walk alongside him.

A peaceful quiet passed between them, and he could almost pretend that she didn't have a boyfriend, and that he can confess without feeling guilty.

Almost.

"So... there's this party....." Cal internally groaned and wanted to complai but since it was Mare, he opted to smirk.

"What? Do you want me to be there as your date?"

"No! I just—"

"I get it, I'll be your ride."

Her mouth opened and closed, resembling a fish's. "I—that's not what I—you'd do that for me?"

"Why not? That's what friends do." He smiled.

Okay, and that's what I have for you. I can't wait to see how this goes down.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂