Valentine's Day Special (Marlorn)

I did this one demand, and let me tell you, this ship is a pure one, so don't come at me or Taylor for liking this ship.

Au, by the way.

They ran until there wasn't any more breath in their 12 year old lungs, stopping at the window of a candy shop.

"I—I'm sorry." Mare pants, trying to catch her breath.

"Fo—for what?

"I—I—I thought you were—running away from—me," Mare wheezed out.

"No—I—I was running—from—him."

She took a deep breath. "Your dad?"

Kilorn growled. "He is not my dad."

"What do you mean?"

Sneering, he said, "He said that I'm no son of his, so what right do I have to call him my 'dad'? I do everything for him, from cleaning the house to tending the farm, and I can't do one thing for myself?!?! You see how he has soo much money, but doesn't give any to me or Mom? And I have been wearing this shirt and pants for two months because Mom has no money and that man is such a—AARRGGHH!"

Mare sighed, and gave a longing look at the window. Oh, how she wished to be like the rich kids, who can just march right in and buy to their heart's content. "Won't even give you money for a little piece of candy?"

Kilorn shook his head sadly. "You know, when I'm rich, I'm gonna buy as much candy as I want. Boxes of chocolates and jelly beans on Valentine's Day 'cause love is so stupid."

Mare gasped. "Love is not stupid."

"Prove it."

"Well, I love...you. You're my best friend, and best friend love will never die. And to prove it, I'm gonna buy you all your favorite candy.

Ten years later

Kilorn sighed while sipping his coffee. "I just don't know how to tell her."

"Tell her like you told me."

"You see, she's...different."

Since they were eight, Kilorn and Mare had been friends, their relationship only growing stronger and more...bold.

He hated it.

He hated that they were just using each other to forget their many exes.

He hated that their relationship was just repeating the cycle of breaking up with their s/o's, sleeping together, and finding someone else to date.

Apparently he was not the only one that detested the state of their relationship. "You guys make me sick. You're clearly in love with each other, and yet you can't admit it?"

"Wait—she loves me?"

Cal facepalmed. "You've got to be ———- kidding me. I know the way you guys look at each other when you think no one else is watching. She talks about you all the time, and you're the same way."

"It's called—"

"Love, idiot. If you want to tell her how you feel, do it now. Not when the time is right, like right now."

Without another word, Kilorn rushed out of the cafe and into Mare's apartment.

He was going to confess. He was going to give his heart to the girl that held it for so many years.