Another Au part 6

Cal decided to take his cycle to school.

The idea was to impress Mare, (and annoy Tyton) but what he actually got was a look of bewilderment, and a murder of girls surrounding the vehicle.

After a few minutes of shaking off the girls like fire ants, he walked up to Mare and grinned.

She shook her head in disbelief and said, "If you plan on taking me on that death trap, I'm not going."

"It's perfectly safe, I promise."

"Now how would you know?" They both realized how stupid the question was, and burst out laughing.

He almost kissed her, then realized the position the both of them were in. So he what he did instead was take her hand and pull her along, with Tyton watching the whole scene unfold.

So maybe what happened turned out to be a bad idea. Cal noticed that wherever Mare went, so did the possessive boyfriend, which made conversations rarer and much more....

Meaningful. Even the smiles exchanged was enough to fill his heart.

The day ended and Cal asked to take Mare home.

"On that thing?"

"Yes, unless you rather go on foot."

She went on foot.

...

To not have a repeat, Cal took the car he owned to pick Mare up. While he waited for her, her father glared at him from the porch. Tramy and Bree acted as their sister's bodyguards as she walked out onto the driveway.

Cal attempted not to squirm or run under the intimidation, or say anything stupid.

"So we're not taking your death trap?"

"No, I—I—I—I thought we'd have something better." You said something stupid.

Mare glanced at him strangely, but got in the car anyway.

Mare seemed a bit distracted during the ride.

"You okay there?"

"Yeah, I just—I'm okay."

He wasn't convinced, but he respected the girl too much too press. For the moment.

He pulled up at the yard of the house (more like mansion, Sonya's parent's were loaded) and stopped the car. "So are you sure you're okay? You looked a little... off."

"It's just—I only knew about the party because I heard of it and Evangeline telling me. Not Tyton."

They sat in silence, until Mare blurted, "Can I borrow twenty bucks?"

"What?"

"Unless she likes you, you have to pay to get in. And she ogles you everyday." Her lips twitched upward.

He considered it, then unbuckled his seat and got out the car. "I think I can get you in for free."

Sonya Iral was at the door with a bowl of money. The money was easy to steal, but she slapped away every hand that came anywhere near the bowl. "Oh good, you're here." She threw a sickly sweet smile in Cal's direction. Her smile fell when he grimaced in response and dragged Mare with him through the entrance. "She's gotta pay."

"It's okay, she's with me."

"Still. She has to pay or else she's not getting in." Mare wanted to slap the smugness off Sonya's face.

"Okay then. We have better places to be anyway." Cal shrugged, and moved out the way to let others in.

"Fine. Go then." She makes a shooing motion, then the pair walk towards his car.

"I thought you said you could get us in for free," Mare hissed. Cal held up a hand, counting down with his fingers.

Five,

Four,

Three,

Two,

One.

"Wait!"

He turned around to see a rather desperate Sonya. "I'll let her in for free."

Mare gawked and looked up at Cal. He winked.

...

"Hey Calore!" Evangeline sat beside him and yelled over the loud, awful music.

"Evangeline. Good to see you again." Cal was nursing a cup of punch that tasted terrible.

"I wish I could say the same with you. Look, you have to tell her how you feel before it's too late."

"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes "How many girls do you think believe they were the exception? They want to think that he'll change because of how loyal they were to him after about a week of dating him. Tell her now." With that, she left to dance with the girl with blood-red hair— Elane, he noted.

He mulled over the words Evangeline practically screamed in his ear while watching a drunk brunette woofing like a dog in front of a camera. Idiots.

Still trying to decide when to confess and how, Mare rushed past him.

Was that sniffling he heard? 

He ran after her out of the mansion and grabbed her wrist. "Mare, what happened?"

Her face was blotchy and her nose was running. With all the crying and sniffling, her words came out a blubbering mess. What he did catch was bathroom, loud noises, Sonya, naked, Tyton.

Tyton?

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that it was a mistake to date him!" She screeched, and sobbed into his shirt. A small part of him was glad that Tyton messed up so he could have a chance, but the bigger part of him clung to her tight for a few more minutes before storming into the house and beating the man senseless—they were still naked when Tyton was nearly murdered.

...

Mare was on his lap, exciting Cal in more ways than one. "I didn't ask for you to do that."

"It was a pleasure to anyway." A week later and the two were still talking about that night.

"So how long have you been wanting to do that?"

"Since you started dating. As a friend, I have a right to decide whether or not a guy is right for you."

"But that's Shade's job."

"But he wasn't there, was he? So I think you should have been thanking me for beating up the little—"

"He's taller than you, Cal."

"Still, he doesn't know how to defend himself. You should have a boyfriend that's loyal, has muscle, can knows how to defend himself."

"You notice that you just described yourself, right?" He didn't notice, but she blushed at the thought.

They couldn't be any more than friends......or could they?

And that does it. I'm done with this one shots book. I have to admit, I am not proud of half the things posted. But I thank you, faithful readers, for sticking with me and not stopping at my very first crappy fanfiction written at 12 years old.

Don't worry, I'm starting another one shots book, but it's multifandom and updates every two days.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂