Another Au part 4

Two weeks more and her voice was starting to drive him crazy.

The way she popped her p's, her tongue rolling a bit at her l's, and how she very slightly rolls her r's....

Was this attraction? Something more, perhaps? He faintly remembered his brother telling him that when you felt some way or another towards someone, everything they do catches your eye, every word that comes out their mouth you overthink it.

He was certainly overthinking it now.

But he also remembered that sometimes you create feelings for someone to either ease the pain you were going through, or to distract you.

He was frustrated. To say or not to say.....

He decided to confess to her.

The next day at school, his mind swam with ways or witty phrases to use to tell Mare how he felt about her.

It was at lunch was when he knew what to say.

He usually sat by himself in a corner of the cafeteria, but a group of snobs insisted that he sit with them. All the cheerleaders at the table attempted to flirt with him when they knew it was a lost cause, and they especially lost his attention when some idiot stood up on one of the tables.

"This girl," the boy—Tyton, he realized—yelled. "Does not think I can handle a serious relationship." When Cal saw who he was pointing to, his heart stopped.

The entire cafeteria laughed. "Look, I know my reputation with girls is not the best, but this girl, this girl right here is why I'm gonna change."

The girl put her head in her hands in embarrassment when he opened his fat mouth again.

"Mare, will you please go out with me?"

Twenty seconds passed.

With a tear-stained face, she nodded.

Everyone—even the teachers cheered, as Tyton stepped down from the table and gathered Mare in his arms.

At that moment, Cal also remembered being told that when you really liked or even loved that person, you want nothing more for them than their happiness. So that's when he knew exactly what to say to Mare.

Nothing.

An applause broke out as the couple kissed, but Cal payed it no mind as he stormed out the cafeteria.

...

History class rolled around and stupidly, Cal assumed that Mare would still sit on his lap like usual.

To his disappointment, Tyton was also in their history class, and he insisted that Mare sit on his lap instead.

Mr. Jacos said nothing the entire period, which about set him off the edge.

At the end of the day, Cal caught up to Mare as they walked out the school, something he rarely did.

"Oh, hi Cal."

"Hey."

For a second, no one said anything.

"So um, it seems that Tyton really likes you." Wow, that's how you start the conversation?

"Yeah, he does. I'm even going out with him tonight, so......." She shifted her feet and tucked a strand behind her ear, which attracted his attention like a magnet.

Then they just stared at each other.

Twenty seconds later, the source of Cal's problems put an arm around Mare's waist. "Hey babe. Ready to go?"

"Yeah." They turned their backs to him, and Mare turned her head in an apologetic smile. 

Tyton threw a smirk his direction when the two reached his car.

Now I wanna punch Tyton in the face. 

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂