Old Friends

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE             TWO THOUSAND READS!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU😁😁😁😁

And now we return to your regularly scheduled reading.

(Au)

Mare was merely scrolling through her phone when Shade barged into her room. "Mare, dearest sister, my favorite, lovable—"

"What do you want?!?" She briefly glanced up in annoyance.

"Um, could you do a favor for me?"

She scoffed. "I know you need something, what is it?"

He fiddled with his long-sleeved shirt nervously. "Could you—could you buy me some condoms?"

She dropped her phone on her face, then cursed. "Why can't you get them yourself?"

"Mom and Dad's going away for a while, and you're going on a camping trip with Fish-Boy. Meanwhile I'm grounded, and with no way to escape the house! They took my car keys."

"Well maybe that'll teach you for pulling prank on the neighbors. Doesn't Diana have some?"

"Her father took them away from her, and we don't have anything else to do when she comes over."

"And the brutes?"

"Bree, as you know, is living his own life, and Tramy's going with them."

"With who?"

Shade glared at his little sister. "Stop stalling! We need condoms!"

Couldn't they have done something a little more kid-friendly? Like a board game, or watching T.V.....

"Does it have to be sex?"

He deadpanned her, then shrugged his shoulders. "Well..... just in case. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssseeee?"

Mare grumbled, turning the gears in her head. Hmmmm, I could use this as an opportunity.......

"Give me your allowance for the year, and access to your computer."

===

Along with juice, loads of chips, and pads, Mare picked up two packs of condoms.

Usually she couldn't care less about her image, and what others thought of her, but the cashier—a blue-eyed teen with ink-black hair—unsettled her. He looked familiar......

Unsurprisingly, he reached for the condoms. "Really, Mare? At age 18 and already having sex with your boyfriend?"

Mare sputtered. "H-h—how would—these aren't for—wait. How do you know my name?"

The boy gasped dramatically and put his hand over his heart. "Why Mare! I'm offended you don't remember me!" Those ice blue eyes....they looked so familiar.

"Maven? Maven Calore?"

He gave a cheeky grin. "Yes, that would be me. Also known as Cal's younger brother. Hmm.... that would be 35.69. Cash or credit?"

"Hm? Oh! Um, here you go."

She handed him the money and grabbed the grocery bags. "You know, it's really nice to see you again."

"Same for you. Uh,...." he scratched the back of his neck. "Would you want to go out sometime? You know, get reacquainted?"

Well, even though she was going through a rough patch with her boyfriend, there was no harm in that, right? But still.....

"I have a boyfriend." She mentally cursed and nearly slapped herself for that comment. But to her pleasant surprise, Maven only smiled softly. "I do too, but it doesn't stop me from getting to know you. Besides, it's not like I want to date you or anything."

She was considering this for a moment, then said, "Well, I guess we could meet up then."

===

As Mare walked up to her brother's bedroom, her thoughts wandered. But that soon came to an end when her line of vision went to Shade (almost naked) laying awkwardly on his bed.

"Really, Shade? I come back and already find you and— is Farley under your bed?"

A muffled voice came from underneath it: "No."

Not my best, I know. Oh well then.

I also come to realize that indeed, I have begun to have feelings for someone. HELP ME!

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day.🙂