🤍Gauzy Godfather Pt.2🤍

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

This text: English

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭: 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥: 𝕀𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕟

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭?"

"𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞."

"𝐁𝐮𝐭-"

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐝. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝."

The door suddenly opened and (B/n) walked in with Kurono behind him.

"My Lady-" He stopped as soon as he saw Chisaki near you.

You smiled, "What is it, (B/n)?"

He cleared his throat, "...The guests await your speech."

"I'll be there soon. Give me a minute."

(B/n) nodded his head and closed the door. Kurono didn't get a chance to see who was inside the office, but he knew you were there from the response you gave your butler. (B/n) quietly escorted Kurono to the ballroom where your speech would take place.

Chisaki turned to face you once more. "(𝐋/𝐧), 𝐈-"

"𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

"...𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞...𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞?"

"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞? 𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧."

He nodded his head, "𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬."

You walked over to the door and guided him down the hallway. The music grew louder and the smell of alcohol grew more potent. The second you entered the ballroom, the music stopped and the guests watched your every movement. Their countless stares made you all the more uncomfortable. You walked up to a small podium and turned on the microphone.

Chisaki stood beside you and looked over at the bunched-up crowd. Some of the guests immediately recognized him and murmured.

You cleared your throat, "𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥."

They raised their drinks.

You continued, "𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 (𝐔/𝐧)'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬. '𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.' 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡. 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐚. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝? 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧? 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐩 𝐮𝐬. 𝐌𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬. 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝. 𝐈 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐬. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞. 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧. 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬."

"𝕃𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕕𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣."

The guests sipped their drinks at you and cheered. You turned to Chisaki, who followed you through the crowd as everyone cleared your path. The four leaders from the Five Families approached and kissed your diamond ring.

"𝔾𝕠𝕕𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕖𝕔𝕙 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕫𝕚𝕟𝕘."

"Thank you. Gentlemen, this is Overhaul. The head of my security team."

They bowed their heads as one of the leaders leaned into your ear. "𝔾𝕠𝕕𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕨𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕤."

"You do?"

"𝕐𝕖𝕤. ℍ𝕖'𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕦𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕒 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕪-"

Fireworks were suddenly set off inside the ballroom. Because of the loud explosions, you couldn't hear what the leader said. After the noise died out, you looked back at the old man.

"Excuse me. I have other guests to greet."

For the next hour, you greeted the rest of the party and introduced Chisaki to them. They simply bowed their heads and went on with the party. Though they didn't say it to your face, you knew they disliked him. The only thing you couldn't figure out was why.

(B/n) bowed, "My Lady."

You gave out an exhaustive sigh, "I've been with our guests for quite a while."

"I've brought you a refreshment to soothe your parchment."

(B/n) handed over a glass of wine. The glass then slipped from your hand. (B/n)'s eyes widened as Chisaki pulled you away from the spill zone and its shards shattered everywhere.

Chisaki looked over at your figure, "𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭?"

"My Lady-"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

(B/n) bowed his head and excused himself to the kitchen to clean up the mess.

You grimaced, "𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞? 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬."

Chisaki nodded his head and followed you back upstairs.

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺