3: the secret

We celebrate the fall of Xavier king.

I made myself a king

Rivers's and Xavier's words stayed In my mind the rest of the day.There was something about Xavier I've noticed since the day I met him. His grip softened after greeting my dark eyes with his vibrant blueish green ones. His subtle flirtatious hints he gives.

"He knows." I blurted out to Kiera. She raised a brow taking a bit out of her pizza.

"He's known the whole time. He's playing me..." I mumbled standing up from the lunch table. I don't care who he is. I will not let him win. I stormed off looking for him all over the school. After searching for ten minutes I heard a angry voice coming from west hall, shocker.

"You can't seriously mean that Xavier!" I peaked around the corner seeing two boys, River and Xavier.

"I said no! I'm not telling her and I sure as hell will not let my little brother tell me who I can and can't reject." Xavier spat. I clenched my jaw listening to his words.

My little brother.

"I knew it." I walked around the corner becoming visible.

"You were never on my side. This was a game." I glared at River. Xavier scoffed turning to me.

"Nows not the time princess." Xavier glared.

"I am not a princess. SO STOP MESSING WITH ME!" I yelled as my blood boiled. It's kind of hypocritical that I plan to take him down and he's just getting revenge.

"Avery, leave." River warned making my anger grow. I'm not one to get angry but it was as if something inside me was itching to escape.

My skin started to burn. Like actually burn.

"W-What's happening to me." I started to panic as my body shakes in pain causing my to fall on the ground clutching my stomach. I screamed in pain as the burning sensation grew and spreed through every inch of my skin. My vision started to blur causing even more panic.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I scream directed at no one in particular. I let out a cry of pain when the fire in my spine turned to a unbearable pain. My vision was too blurry to see and my screams were drowning out any sound but I could feel a pair of arms carrying me god knows where.

The burning grew until it became unbearable and I blacked out.

I rubbed my eyes groaning in pain at the soreness in my stomach and limbs pushing myself up. I looked around realizing I was in my room.

"How did I-"

"I brought you here..." I snapped my attention to the deep voice that was not my brothers. River gave me a sad smile.

"What happened? And how did you know where I live?" I asked taking the water and aspirin off my night stand that river had so courteously left.

"I found you passed out at the bottom of the stair case at school and I drove you home. I asked your friend Kiera where you lived." He explained. I nodded chugging down the water.

"That explains why my entire body is throbbing in pain." I winced standing up. It wasn't until I walked past my mirror and saw my face had no bruises, and my stomach which was slightly exposed from my shirt being wrinkled up was covered in black and purple bruises. My mind flashed with memories of school as a sense of fear washed over me.