4: the tale of the moon wolf

"She's a moon wolf."

My eyes widened in disbelief. there is a story about the moon goddess that say something about a moon wolf.

Black wolves are destined to be alphas because they are naturally bigger. White wolves are commonly female but there has been a few males which hold less power then the female. But the first pack of wolves were called the moon pack. They were lead by two black wolves, a black alpha and a black Luna. And their pack consisted of mostly grey and white wolves. The story says that a jealous alpha of an unknown pack slaughtered almost all of the moon pack, leaving only three white wolves. The white wolves were to gain the power of the all around their wolves in the pack thanks to the moon goddess, but something went wrong and all of the packs power went to one wolf, a white wolf named moon. The moon goddess didn't want the moon wolf to get all power crazed so she ordered the other two to kill it.

That was the last anyone has ever heard of a moon wolf.

"I thought they were extinct?" I questioned his accusation.

"Her dad, yes we have different dads, is a descendant for the original moon pack... he thought forced her to shift early so he could kill her and absorb her power, which is something only wolves from the moon pack can do..." he explained. So that's what she was talking about earlier... I ran my hands through my hair.
This was a lot to take in...

"Xavier! Oh god this is bad!" I scrambled to the door only to be caught by Grayson.

"You are not to tell ANYONE about her... I may not be a wolf or a part of the moon pack but I will put a bullet in your heart." He threatened.

"It's not just anyone! It's her mate..." I explained catching his attention.

"Gray?" A soft voice croaked from down the hall.

»»---Avery's pov---««

My head pounded as my blood continued to burn but at a bearable temperature.

"I WILL PUT A BULLET IN YOUR HEART!" I jumped at the screams coming from downstairs. I blinked a few times clearing my vision. I knew no one was yelling but my hearing gets sensitive when I get close to shifting.

I made my way to the source of the loud noise watching in confusion as Gray threatened River.

"Gray?" I called out catching both of their attention.

"You should get some rest... I had to give you a sedative..." Gray frowned. I shrugged walking over to the two of them. Both of them kept their gaze on me.

"I'm going with you. The wolfsbane is out of my system and I don't want to take anymore today... so it's safer for me to go away fro the day." I glanced between the two of them.
Gray sighed pulling me into a hug.

"If they hurt you at annoy you let me know... love you Av." I smiled pulling away.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you later Gray, Love you." I followed river to his car. I'm about to meet my mate... what if he rejects me like he planned?

"So your mom died from cancer, grays dad is out of the picture, and Your dad is in jail? That's a lot for one girl to handle..." River commented. I figured i owe him my story since I did try to take over the school and ruin anything and everything he loved... oops.

"I've had gray by my side so I get by... I think we should go in now." We'd been sitting in his driveway for over and hour.

"Right..." He unbuckled himself stepping out of the car. I took a deep breath doing the same as well.