8: feelings?

"Your mine."

I froze not knowing what to say or even how to breath. My wolf was purring but I was terrified. I'd only ever seen Xavier as the bad guy. I stumbled out of his grip making him growl in disapproval.

"Uh s-so about this Va-vampire thing..." I stuttered pulling myself together. Xavier smirked looking amused.

"What exactly happened?" River asked.

"Its kind of hard to explain... but I can show you." I offered. River raised a brow. I placed my hands on both sides of his head closing my eyes.

»"Your Avery Locke right?"«

»"I have a message for your little mate."«

River gasped for air pulling away.

"What was that? How did you do that?!" He asked looking a little scared.

"I-I could feel the bite..." he looked to Xavier still slightly scared.

"I'm a moon wolf duh." I teased.

"So why'd you want to see me?" I asked Xavier. He pulled my phone out of his pocket.

"You dropped this." I took my phone tilting my head in confusion.

"You made River come get so you could give me my phone?" I smirked knowing he just wanted to see me.

"Yep." He stated blankly.

"You should probably get home, you do have school tomorrow." He warned.

"Awww does someone have feelings?" I cooed making river burst out laughing. Xavier growled the words 'leave'. I rolled my eyes leaving the pack house alone.

"Rise and shine sleepy head!" Grayson shouted pulling my blanket away. I groaned missing the warmth of my blanket.

"Get out." I grumbled standing up and feeling the cold air fan my legs and stomach. Grayson mumbled something while shuffling out of my room. Brat.

We get to see mate! Moon cheered. I rolled my eyes not liking how quickly she's adjusting. I still don't know how I feel about him and I'm certainly not ready to start the mating process.

Due to my oddly good mood I decided to wear something a little more dressy.

🔼Avery's outfit🔼

🔼Avery's outfit🔼

I straightened my hair but decided against wearing any makeup. I wasn't in that good of a mood.

"HURRY UP AV!" Gray shouted from downstairs. I grabbed my things making my way to the car.

"Good luck." Gray waved goodbye driving away. Trust me, I need all the luck I can get. I'd only been at this school for two days technically and I already knew it was going to be bad. Like my first day I entered through the back trying to avoid Kiera.

"And here I thought you learned your lesson about the west hall..." river teased leaning against the wall.

"Nope, it'll take a lot more than almost dying to make me learn." I joked back.

"What class do you have first?" He asked. I pulled my schedule out of my bag and handed it to him.

"Your in 11th. We have gym with 12th, Xavier's grade, but I'm not sure which class your in since it doesn't say. I have art with you... right about now." The bell rang as soon as River finished. I groaned not liking that I was late. I'm still a little lost so I followed river to art class.

"Your late ms. Locke." Mr. Rush glared at me completely ignoring river. Wow how rude.

"She was helping me with something." River lied earning a small nod from mr rush. I rolled my eyes finding an empty seat and beginning to draw. River took a seat next to me but instead of starting his own work he watched me.

"You know that a little creepy." I mumbled trying to focus on my drawing and not river.

"Your a good artist... but sure I'm the creepy one." River laughed. I dropped my pencil giving him a confused look.

"Your drawing..." He smirked. I looked down realizing that the wolf I was drawing wasn't at random, it was Xavier's. I cursed under my breath ripping the page out of my sketchbook and starting over. This time I drew a rose. It was simple but realistic.

"You like roses?" River asked still staring. I nodded not paying attention to him.

"Earlier you said Xavier was in 12th grade... but he's in my history class?" I asked River while beginning to shade to rose.

"No ones perfect av, he's pretty bad at history." River answered. River smiled as something clicked in his brain.

"You know how your like really good at history..." he began.

"No." I cut him off. He muttered something under his breath. I noticed him looking over to the balled up piece of paper before a smirk tugged on his lips. Before I could grab it he snatched the paper away holding it out so I couldn't reach it.

"River this isn't funny!" I hissed feeling embarrassed.

"Oooo someone's blushingggg." He cooed making my face turn even more red. I growled quietly so no one else would hear.

"No I'm not!" I protested still trying to grab the paper. He hummed in amusement.

"Sureee... unless you want me to give this to a certain someone I suggest you help that same person in history." He smiled evilly. I glared at him not liking this blackmail thing.

"Fine." I huffed glaring at river.

"Who knew Avery was so easy to blackmail..." he mumbled happily staring at the balled up drawing.

»-------«

Thanks for reading <3