18: news

After everything sank in I made a doctors appointment to find out how far along I am. Xavier is at the store now, I wanted cookies, which leaves me in our humble home all alone. Ever since River met his mate, Mayhem pack was fully given to him. But there was still the problem of me being Luna of the moon pack and Xavier being alpha of The Chaos pack. We decided to combine the packs and keep the larger packs name, The moon pack. We didn't force anyone to move or anything, in stead we built a house that was in between our territories, well it was an equal distance to get to each pack.

"ALPHA AVERY!" My beta, liam, threw the back door open revealingly quite urgent expression. I tilted my head letting an amused smile make its way to my face.

"Liam... what have I told you about calling me that?" I warned.

"Sorry, but this is important!" He answered. I motioned for him to continue.

"Ariel's going into labor!"

The moon wolf, a prophecy that was made thousands of years ago. It had been seemingly forgotten until a couple of years ago. Our lives were 'seemingly' perfect after we adjusted to the faults that came with me being THE moon wolf. Grayson eventually met the love of his life, I met my perfect mate, River met His mate and is about to have his second child, I was pregnant, and Ariel is seconds away from bringing a new life into this world. All of these people were brought together because of a prophecy that people thought was fake. It's funny how one little story can change so many lives... we thought our story ended the day I became the Luna of the moon pack, but that was far from the truth. Over these past few years we've kept to ourselves, but now we have a new story to tell.

"How is she?" My voice was strained. Caitlyn, Jaxon (Caitlyn and rivers baby), Kiera, River, Kai, Liam, and I were waiting in the waiting room for any news.

"No updates yet." The nurse informed before walking off. I sighed sitting back down in my seat. Ariel has been in labor for hours now and Xavier can't be here for another 20 minutes! Grayson is with Ariel and the last thing we heard was that there was some sort of complication, with both baby and mom.

"I'll be back." Caitlyn took Jax outside, he had been crying for a few minutes.

"I'm gonna..." River got up and went after his mate and child. It's weird how we all have new lives now... instinctively I rested my hands on my little bump. Werewolves tend to have faster pregnancies, especially Lunas, meaning I would only be pregnant for 4 months! It's crazy...

"Incoming..." Liam mumbled. I tilted my head in confusion. Rift as I was about to ask Xavier cane running in the room.

"Finally!" I complained. Xavi apologized and pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry princess... I was working on the nursery for little Rose." A smile made its way to my face as he mentioned our daughter, we assume it's a girl but we will know for sure soon. I pulled away from Xavier and sat down.

"What's up bro." River greeted Xavier as He followed Caitlyn back inside.

"Welp were being ditched." Caitlyn laughed as Xavier and river sat next to each other and talked aimlessly. I laughed but I'm glad they are so close now.

"Let's just be glad they aren't competitive like they were in high school... wow we sound old now." I frowned realizing my childhood and teenage years slipped away so quickly.

"We are kind of parents now... that's crazy." We both let that sink in.

'Something's wrong...' moon spoke up, this was especially unusual since she only speaks to me in times of need.

'What is it?' I asked her.

'Xavi... moon has haunch.' I quickly linked Xavier so we wouldn't have to bother others.

'What is it?' He responded worriedly.

'Do you smell it..." moon spoke up again. I cautiously sniffed the air and picked up on a strange scent. It was so faint I knew that Xavier wouldn't be able to pick up on it.

"I'll be back." I stood up and followed the scent. I stopped in front of a door that led to a patients room.

'In there... it's... it's...' I tried to focus on what Moon was saying.
The door swung open and I barely jumped back in time.

"Oh sorry Luna I didn't see you there!" A nurse bowed respectful before walking off. I brushed it off before walking in.

"Can I help you?" I glanced to the left to see a man tying his shoes.

"Oh uh sorry I thought you were someone else..." I apologize with a soft smile. A whiff of familiarity struck me. I was taken back and a little confused.

"I-I'm sorry to bother you but are you sure we haven't met?" I asked with a tilted head. The man paused and glanced up at me. His stared hardened for a mere second.

"You do seem oddly familiar... What is your name?" He asked. For some reason his voice made me anxious and queasy.

"Avery king, and you are?" I asked back.

"Jason Winters."