28: The Soulmate Search (pt.1)

| These next four chapters will be the story of Liam, the beta of the moon pack.

Parts include:
28: The soulmate search (pt.1)
29: The trial (pt.1)
30: The trial (pt. 2)
31: The soulmate search (pt.2)

Please note I will also add an epilogue just for this part, rather then make this a whole book itself. |

-•- Liam Sterling -•-

"Oh come on Liam! You aren't even trying."

I couldn't help but laugh at Kiera's complaints.

I haven't been trying? I've been looking everywhere for my mate for the past 2 months! We've already searched France, Canada, and now we're about to give up on Italy... I'm no genius but I don't think the moon goddess would separate me and my mate this far.

"Whatever... I'm going back to the hotel, this is just getting sad." I mumbled walking away from the disappointed girl.

"Hey wait up!" Kai shouted as he ran up to me. I slowed my pace to let him catch up. "Is it ok if we leave you alone for the rest of the day? I was hoping to take Kiera on a date for our Anniversary... an if I'm being honest I'm hoping to propose tonight."

Wow...

"Of course man... goodluck, and if you need any help just let me know." I offered with a genuine smile.

"Thanks, but I got it covered." He smiled back before returning to his mate.

Well I've never felt more single... my wolf grumbled.

-•-

I decided to walk back to the hotel, I feel like I've been traveling by planes and cars a little too much over these past few months. My wolf was more quiet then usual so figured a walk might bring back his loud and happy personality.

I'm not that loud. He whined unapproving I'd my previous statement.

"Maybe not loud, just obnoxious... on second thought maybe you should just stay quiet." I teased earning a growl.

"Do you usually talk to yourself?"

I stopped and turned my head to see a small brunette watering flowers with a curious look on her face. Humans are very amusing when they have that mysterious little spark.

"Only when I have no one to tell my thoughts to." I answered honestly hoping to not sound like a total weirdo.

She let out a soft laugh and continued to water what I assume are violets. My wolf stirred happily at their scent.

"And do you?"

"Talk to myself?" She questioned without even glancing at me.

"No, do you usually eavesdrop on strangers conversations?"

"Yes it's quite entertaining." She admitted.

It was my turn to laugh at her bluntness.

"Are you too proud to admit that you've never done it before? I refuse to believe anyone has never listened In on something that was none of their business." She crossed her arms in a standoffish way.

"I'd have to agree with you on that."

Before I could ask her name, an older woman who I could clearly tell was a relative based off the similarities in their facial features called her in for dinner.

"It's been a pleasure but No man is better then my mothers cooking." She joked, well actually I don't think that was a joke.

"See you around..."

"Danielle." She added.

Danielle...

"See you around sterling." She winked before heading inside.

I had many questions about Danielle. Why did she only water the violets? Why of all colors did she pick a yellow shirt? Why did her hair fall perfectly past her shoulders? Why did she smell so good?

But the one question I wish I would've thought ask was how she knew my name?

----------

It's been a minute 😅 and yes I know this is short but I figured it'd be ok if I posted the first two parts at the same time. (It's four parts to this little section rather then giving Liam a whole story cause that would drag it out too much)

^ I explained more in the beginning of the chapter

Anyways my schedule has been messed up since school started, I'm in person too so that's scary. Hope y'all are staying safe!

Also! I've slowly lost interest in this book so I may not post the rewrite... of course this is completely up to all of you! Don't worry tho I won't abandon this book and will publish the rest of the series :)

Most of which is already finished <3