13: luna

"She is."

I froze letting Liam's words sink in. How could I be the Luna of a pack I didn't know still existed?

"S-so that means my d-dad was the alpha?" I mumbled feeling cold and lifeless. He didn't want to absorb my power or even kill me. He was hiding me from the pack so he could stay Alpha...

"Av... do you know what this means?" River placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I didn't care what river had to say. I couldn't feel anything but pain. Grayson was always the favorite because he was human. My brother doesn't even realize how much my dad loved him. Grayson is my rock and sees my dad as the man who hurt me not the man who raised and loved him. I ruined Grayson and his relationship with his step dad without even realizing it.

"She was pregnant wasn't she? That's why they went back for her..." I whispered mostly to myself.

"We found out about the baby and tried to save it... I'm sorry Avery but they got to her first." Liam frowned. Everything started to make sense.

"I thought she died from cancer or something like that?" River looked confused.

"I was only a kid when it happened... it didn't make sense at the time so we covered her death..." chills shot down my spine remembering what happened.

"My dad worked with vampires trying to kill or hide me. The dream about Zane wasn't exactly a dream... it was a reminder of a memory. After i couldn't shift my dad told took me to the vampires. I guess they were supposed to kill me or something but they kept me in this room for reason I don't know. But the group of vampires I was with were strange... they took my blood and venom to experiment on. The last day I was there Liam came and saved me... I had thought he was trying to hurt me and somehow my wolf came to me and I shifted. After i realized he wasn't going to hurt me we made it out of that place."

"We found her and brought her back to her mom who we found with bad stitching and brought her to the hospital. I guess her dad thought she had died until he heard about them going to the Hospital... they managed to arrest him before anything bad happened. But the vampires that had worked with him found out about the new baby and didn't want to risk a new alpha so they killed it and her mom." Liam explained. The story was really confusing and some parts didn't add up but it was true.

"Why didn't they go after Avery then?" River asked. To be honest I didn't know that myself.

"We got a witch to put a spell on our pack so that our scent would be masked. So if they came in contact with Avery they wouldn't have smelled her wolf side." Liam explained.

"Ok well that makes sense but what about Zane? No one knows I changed my name but he called me Avery Locke... so was he threatening me because of something else?" I looked towards river because Liam doesn't even know who Zane is.

"Im not sure... it could have something to do with The chaos pack. You are mated into the pack and they have a history with starting problems with vampires." River suggested. Of course they do...

"Wait you found your mate? That means we have our luna and alpha! We have to get you back immediately!" Liam cheered pulling me towards the woods. Yea we're stil outside... a low growl came from behind me stopping Liam.

"She's not going anywhere." Xavier growled pulling me away from Liam and wrapped his arm around my waist. Liam gulped nervously.

"O-of course your ma-mate is the alpha..." Liam laughed nervously letting out a whimper. Guess everyone's afraid of something. It's a little entertaining seeing the big bad Liam afraid of Xavier, who is shorter than Liam.

"We need to talk about something." I looked up at Xavier who just tilted his head.

"Sooooo long story short imkindasortathelunaofthemoonpackwhichkindamakesyouthealpahaandihavenoideahowtpbealunatoapackididntevenknowexisted." I blabbered out in one breath.

"I'm sorry what?" Xavier looked at me amusingly.

"I'm the Luna of the moon pack..." I spoke slowly as I pulled away from Xavier. River and Liam didn't say anything and Xavier just stood there.

"Your the Luna of the moon pack..." he repeated quietly. His expression was a mixture of confusion and shock.

"I should probably clear this up a bit... the story about our pack being killed was for the most part true except for the part about all of us being killed. The pack was much bigger than people thought and they could only kill a few of us, including our alpha and Luna. The alpha and Luna transferred their power into one wolf, the moon wolf. He became our alpha and is your great great, you get the point, grandpa. The gene sometimes skips a few generations and your dad was just a regular alpha. You're surprisingly the first female moon wolf." Liam explained.

"It's a bit confusing but there's a prophecy about the female moon wolf and her mate..." he went on. Xavier stayed quiet while Liam explained. It was weird not having his sarcastic comments.

"We have a lot to discuss but we should save this for another time... tonight is a a full moon and we have a group of underage shifted wolves at the pack house." Xavier spoke up taking my hand in his. A smile made its way to my face feeling electricity shooting up my arm.

A sense of comfort spread throughout me knowing that for the rest of the day nothing bad would happen. Just me, Xavier, and the kids who will be shifting because it's the first full moon since they first shifted. Somehow I managed to shift for the first time on a full moon.