20: Dimitri the rat

I've done something unforgivable... something reckless, stupid, and something that could kill us all. Some may say I overreacted, others may think i did the right thing, but truthfully I don't know the difference between right and wrong when it comes to my family.

"Mrs.King, they're here." The guards informed me. Xavier growled from beside me but I motioned for the doors to open. Despite the alphas disapproval the guards opened the doors to our meeting room. I gave Xavier one last glance before entering the room.

"Thank you for coming." I greeted our guests who seem to be on edge. I don't blame them.

"Just to be clear this doesn't mean all is ok..." Xavier clarified from behind me.

"She's bright... but not as bright as the red one." I heard the unfamiliar boy whisper to the girl who was also unfamiliar. Wonder what that means?

"Despite our disagreements this will benefit the both of us... and I can assure you this definitely doesn't mean everything is good between us." His thick English accent sent chills down my spine.

"For things not being good it was surprisingly easy to get in touch with you." I pointed out. He scoffed but gave me a smirk nonetheless.

"Darling don't flatter yourself, I've got my eye on something much better than you or your little one inside you." He hissed. I didn't know what he meant but I definitely didn't want to find out.

"Leave him out of it." Xavier growled, he also has a theory that our baby is a boy. I rolled my eyes in return. The girl gave him a weird look.

"Him? You mean she?" She questioned. I forwarded my brows.
"We don't know for sure but we think it's a boy." I explained.

"Amara has a special talent of being able to read minds of the weak, babies are weak, and she can easily tell it's a girl." The boy explained. I already knew that some of their kind had special abilities but I've never heard of mind reading.

"S-so we're having a girl?" I could feel a smile tugging onto my face but I composed myself for the time being. The girl, Amara I assume, nodded with a smile.

"Can we get back on topic!" He snapped. Amara and the other boy straightened up immediately.

"Yes of course... so will you do it?" I asked hopefully. He paused thinking it over.

"You have yourself a deal Mrs. King." He smirked holding his hand out. Wearily I took it.

"Pleasure doing business with you Zane."

                              ✰

"We've got a location." Liam informed and lead us to his car. We wasted no time getting in an leaving.

"Remember, don't kill any Vampires... they've agreed to help us for unknown reasons." I reminded. Both river and Xavier scowled at that. Drama queens.

"Remind me again why the two of you are here?" Xavier piped up from the passengers seat. I raised a brow.

"Both you and Caitlyn are pregnant, she's almost 7 months and you are about 4 months!" River added. Caitlyn and I exchanged looks.

"Oh boy here we go..." Liam mumbled. The rest of the car ride consisted of Caitlyn, river, Xavier, and I arguing back and forth. Luckily the location was only a few more miles away.

"WERE HERE!" Liam snapped clearly peeved at our arguing.
We all got out but not before hearing River mumble "Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning..."

Looking around I recognized the building as our old apartment building, except it seems to be abandoned now. I took note that Zane and his people were observing from the sidelines, we made a deal that they were to have no casualties. At least he seems to be keeping the peace. I felt Xavier's hand take mine causing me to glance up and give him a small smile. Cautiously we entered the eerie building, how fitting that the place where all of my childhood trauma took place is now broken and creepy.

"RAT!" River shrieked earning a growl from all of us. So much for the element of surprise.

"What! You think I'm just going to be all 'Oh look! It's smelly, beady eyed, ginormous rat! Can we name him Dimitri?!" River glared with a very serious expression. We all exchanged weird looks.

"Whatever he's on I want some!" Liam commented before walking in front of all of us. We searched the building while river mumbled something about cookies... I'm not even gonna ask.

Ever since he met Caitlyn he's become...a cinnamon roll, let's just say Caitlyn wears the pants in their relationship.

"We've searched everywhere and haven't found any trace of them!" I groaned.

"Are you sure we've checked everywhere?" Xavier tried consulting me.

"YES IM SURE!" I snapped letting my anger take over for a slight second. Everyone stared at me with unhinged jaws.

"What?!" I questioned probably looking insane.

"I guess every cloaking spell has a loophole..." Liam smirked from his spot. I forwarded my brows and hesitantly turned around. Sure enough there was an open door that lead to a stair case...

"A basement."

How sneaky. I felt an arm wrap around my waist followed by sparks. I glanced up at my mate to see him looking back at me with a proud look.

"VAMONOS MI AMIGOS!" River shouted ruining the moment. Xavier walked in front because, and I quote, "I'm the hottest"

"This place is disgusting." Caitlyn commented. I agreed holding a scowl on my face as we walked through the dirty basement hallway. A door slammed shut causing all of us to jump and river to scream like a girl... typical.

"What kinda wannabe horror movie shit is this!" Xavier growled wrapped and arm around me protectively. River did the same with Caitlyn, one of the only times he's serious. Liam looked at us with a weird expression.

"You guys just called me single in 9 different languages..." he mumbled.

"There's 9 languages!" River looked astonished. Caitlyn scowled and shoved him off of her while mumbling something.

"And somehow I'm related to that..." Xavier whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh my god you guys take too long!" I nearly fainted when I heard a male voice behind me, just a friendly reminder that I was in the back!

"AHH GHOST!" River screamed before fainting into Liam's arms. If I wasn't so scared I would've laughed. Xavier spun us around so I was behind him and he was facing the stranger. I glared when I realized it was the same guy that was in the meeting and he was accompanied by Amara.

So that's who slammed the door!

"Seriously it's been almost and hour!" He complained. Realizing he was right we continued searching for... what were we looking for again? Oh yea! My brother!

"Guys in here!" I heard Caitlyn yell from the end of the hall. We ran over to her and sure enough there was my brother and his mate tied up in a empty room. Well that was easy!

"Hhhhsksmsmma!" Ariel and Grayson were screaming incoherently due to the duct tape. Liam ripped it off which followed by two 'OW!'s.

"OH MY GODDESS IM SO GLAD YOU TWO ARE OK!" I squealed. Something was off. Gray had tears streaming down his eyes and Ariel was a hysterical mess.

"Th-they to....ok ....hi....m!" Ariel blurted out between sobs. Liam was trying to remove their restrains while I tried to understand what she was saying.

"T-t....he pr-pro....phe.....cy! M...y ba-baby!" She cried. I looked to Grayson for help.

"C-Cameron."