Annoyed

"Hiro!" Takuma ran towards him, scooping up the shorter child and swinging him about.

Hiro, still half asleep, acted similar to a fat cat: simply hanging without any care. He held onto his soft blanket, trying to wrap himself back up.

"Hiro?" Takuma asked.

"He must still be tired." Rima said, poking his face. Senri followed, both of them annoying the poor boy.

"Well, class starts soon. Kaname wanted me to make sure you were awake and ready." Takuma said, shaking him softly.

Hiro wanted to frown. He had barely gotten any sleep. That girl...

She had brought up awful memories. And she still made him mad.

Rima poked his face again.

Opening his eyes, Hiro looked up at Takuma. "The new girl, she starts today, doesn't she?"

Takuma nodded with a fake smile. "Her name is Maria Kurenai."

Rima frowned, looking out the bedroom door. "...I don't like her."

Hiro scoffed. That made two of them.

"But you must get ready! We're going to go wake up Shiki, so meet us soon." Takuma said, ruffling his hair.

"Aye aye." Hiro saluted half heartedly.

They closed the door.

Hiro yawned, rubbing his eyes.

An enemy of Rido...

Should be an ally. But it seems she believes Hiro is Rido. And well, that's a bit of an issue.

He wondered what happened between them.

He quickly changed into his clothes.

Whatever happened, he wanted no parts of their revenge. She was hellbent on killing Rido, he was sure of that.

There was a knock on his door.

"...come in." He smiled at the familiar presence.

Kaname stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He walked forward, stopping in front of Hiro.

"I woke up a little late." Hiro admitted, struggling to finishing his tie.

With a warm smile, Kaname helped him with it.

"I can do it." Hiro pouted slightly. Kaname pet his hair, chuckling softly.

"I know." He responded.

Hiro blushed, looking down.

"Have you met Maria yet?" Kaname asked.

Hiro's face fell, mild annoyance written on his face at the mentioned name.

"I take it you have."

"She and Rido are enemies, aren't they?" Hiro asked.

Kaname nodded. "They were to be wed."

Hiro's eyes widened as his brother continued. "But Rido vanished, and did something terrible to her. Her real name is Shizuka Hio."

Hiro frowned.

"The girl in the cage..." he remembered. "Why is she here?" Hiro asked. She couldn't have known he was here. No one knows who he really is. "What did Rido do to her?"

"Don't worry yourself with these things."

"Tell me." Hiro stepped back, his face calm. He looked up at Kaname.

Kaname closed his eyes, sighing. "Zero."

Hiro grimaced, remembering the silver haired boy that had asked a knife at him.

His face dropped, piecing it together. "...she was the one who bit him."

"Yes." Kaname stated, wrapping his arms around Hiro. "Stay away from her."

Hiro furrowed his eyebrows. "It might already be too late for that." He buried his face within Kaname's chest. "I almost killed her. She threatened Yuki and I-"

Kaname smiled, hugging him tighter. "It's alright."

Hiro sighed in relief. "...what did Rido do to her?" He asked.

Kaname sighed, checking the clock before speaking, leaving no detail out as he told the story of Rido's and Shizuka's engagement.

__________

Shizuka was relentless.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Hiro-sama!" Maria said, holding his hand up.

He smiled, nodding. "You as well."

She looked to the book he was reading, instantly taking it from his other hand. "This looks rather interesting." She said, examining it.

Hiro felt his blood boil. But he continued to smile, holding back the urge to-

"You must be so smart to read a big book like this!" She giggled, tilting her head.

They made eye contact, and she crinkled her eyes with a wide smile. "Hiro-sama is so incredible."

...he pitied her.

He didn't know why. Such a thing was disrespectful, he knew. But he couldn't help but think of just how much Rido ruined her true love, which in turn led Shizuka to destroy Zero's family.

It was a heinous cycle.

He didn't know who he pitied more, Shizuka, Zero, or himself, the three of them caught within Rido's wicked crimes and still reaping the effects.

He didn't have time to wonder as class began.

The Pirate-err, Toga walked into the classroom.

"Class is starting now." He said, looking over to Hiro and Maria. "Take your seats."

But she had threatened his little sister, and things like that cannot go overlooked, no matter how sad she was.

He wanted her gone.

Lifeless, turned to dust between his fingertips.

She was testing him, overstating boundaries.

Her eyes were dark, hidden underneath faux beauty.

He almost caught his pencil on fire, instead using it to write his name on the paper.