Turning Pages

"You're book collection certainly has grown." Takuma said, looking over the shelf.

Hiro smiled in embarrassment, scratching his head. "I'm trying to be like you, I guess."

Takuma smiled, hugging him. "It's good to have a friend who enjoys reading like me."

Hiro laughed, welcoming the warmth.

"My father's old study was so big. I hope to have something like it when I get older."

Takuma paused at that. He stared at Hiro in slight shock.

Kaname never spoke about his parents so easily. It was definitely a sore subject that even Takuma steered clear of it whenever he could, less he stir up anger within his friend. It was something that would forever be buried within Kaname, never to be shared with anyone.

He knew secretly, told by Kaname the morning after they found Hiro.  Even with that answer, more questions arose.

"You...miss them, don't you?" Takuma asked gently.

He watched as Hiro smiled tenderly, his eyes growing misty. But he smiled, holding the book to his chest.

"...all the time. Whenever I smell the pages in books, I think of my father." Hiro laughed softly. "And my mother trying to get me to play games instead of just reading."

Takuma nodded, taking in his honest words.

"It's wonderful to see you have fond memories of them."

Hiro gave him a beautiful smile, his hair bouncing as he scooted over to Takuma. "Now I get to make more memories with you. You're the only other person I know who loves books as much as I do."

Takuma smiled at him, nodding. "I look forward to making memories with you."

Hiro looked to Takuma, a warm smile on his face. "If it weren't for you guys, I probably wouldn't even be alive right now." Hiro couldn't help the smile on his face. "You guys taught me about so much, and saved my life."

"That's what friends do." Takuma explained proudly. "Besides, I'm sure you would do the same."

Hiro nodded fiercely. "In a heartbeat."

Takuma laughed at his determined face. "That's very reassuring." He looked out the window at the rising moon.

__________

Yuki placed her best foot forward, immediately tripping and falling to the ground.

Yori sighed softly, helping her friend up and dusting off her clothes. "You ought to be more careful, Yuki. Don't fall asleep while walking."

"I didn't even notice..." she yawned out.

"Well, tomorrow is the weekend, so you'll be able to rest."

Yuki grinned, stretching out. "Yes~! I'm going to sleep all day!"

Yori looked to the side, watching as Zero approached the both of them. He heaved a deep sigh, his face deadly and his mood dark.

"...You look like White Lily." Yuki said absentmindedly, earning a mystifying glare from Zero.

"HEY! Stop that!" She said, shrinking behind Yori. "You seem to be in a worse mood than usual. Did the headmaster say something stupid again?"

Zero didn't answer, confirming his annoyance.

"I wonder what happened..." Yori said, thinking back to the air headed, kind man who seemed to have given his blocked-headedness onto Yuki. "I'll see you both later, then. I'm going to head over to the library."

"Bye Yori!" Yuki said, earning a wave. She turned to Zero. "What did the headmaster say?"

Zero scoffed, glaring at the Moon Dorms.

"...I told him the new Night class student keeps sneaking out."

"Oh my!" The headmaster said dramatically, falling over his desk as tear fell from his eyes. "But Hiro-kun is very well behaved! I didn't think he would do such a thing!"

The headmaster gripped Zero's shoulders, trembling as tears flew from his eyes.

"Has he attacked any students? Snuck into the Sun Dorms?! OH NO! Has he been hanging out with a group of bad kids and they started to become friends, but they make Hiro do bad things and end up ditching him in the end to take the blame for a crime he never did?!"

Zero grimaced. That sounded like a movie plot...

"No, he hasn't..." Zero explained, prying the headmaster's fingers off. "But it's still dangerous for him to not be following the rules."

The headmaster nodded, wiping his glasses dry as he slowly took his seat. He pulled up his chair and sat down, folding his hands.

"Even though it's harmless now, it may be dangerous in the future.Which is why..." The headmaster began.

He pointed a finger at Zero.

"You shall be his appointed guide!"

"...what?"

The headmaster nodded to himself as if he had created a genius plan.

"Secretly, you will make sure he follows the rules! Guide him through school life, teach him the value of rules and friendship and love!" He gripped his fist, raising it in the air with a heartfelt smile.

Zero was already halfway out the door.

"Hell no."

"Ah! Zero-! But it's like you said, it's dangerous!"

Zero glared at the headmaster for using his own words against him, frowning before he reluctantly accepted it.

It made no sense to tell the headmaster. The damn bastard was a scatter-brained moron, and he was sure Hiro would still sneak out even if he got scolded. Wasn't it Kaname's job to keep a short leash on them?

...then again, Aidou is basically able to roam free and cause trouble.

Why the hell is he the only responsible on here?