The Same Face

Maria dug her fingers into his arms, drawing blood.

Her wicked smile finally left her face, leaving one full of surprise and...fear.

Hiro watched with dark eyes, squeezing her neck tighter.

Minutes Earlier

"Is that a rabbit?"

Hiro looked up, surprised to see Yuki standing behind him. He nodded, and she smiled in awe.

She kneeled beside him, watching the animals bounce around and chew on their food.

"Want to try feeding them?" Hiro asked, handing her the bag of oats.

She nodded softly, taking the bag and dipping her hand inside. Once full, she lifted her hand and extended it out.

...the rabbits did not come.

She sulked, holding her head down. Hiro hid a snicker, furrowing his eyebrows as he laughed fully.

Yuki looked over to him with furrowed eyebrows. "You...you're laughing."

He wiped a tear. "Hmm? Oh, I didn't mean to laugh at you." His smiled still remained.

Of course he meant to laugh at her, it was hilarious. But her pout made him feel just the tiniest bit guilty.

Yuki frowned a bit, handing him the bag. But she ended up smiling softly, turning to him. "You're a very kind Vampire." She told him.

He winced at her words, shaking his head. Nothing he'd done was kind. He had killed many, and now it seemed his future would only be filled with more atrocities.

"Just like Kaname-sama..." she blushed.

Ah.

He smiled, closing his eyes.

She still loved him.

Well, of course she would. Kaname has been in her heart ever since he could remember.

Hiro's eyes had scared her, pushing her to Kaname. And with Hiro gone, there was nothing in their way.

He felt happy, and a little sad, because...he loved Kaname, too.

And if things are like this...

He couldn't force himself to dwell on it.

He opened his eyes. "I'll tell you a secret."

She nodded, leaning in closer.

"Kaname is very fond of you." He said, watching her face turn bright he red. "I can see you're very important to him. That means you're very important to me as well, Yuki."

"I am?" She asked, her blush only deepening. She smiled at him. "I wish I could have known you growing up."

Hiro returned when smile. "Me as well."

She got up, a look of fondness on her face. But then, she stared to panic. "Oh no! I was looking for the new student before this!" She began to run, stopping to a skid. "And please return-"