Betrayal Burns Like The Sun

Hiro woke up in a large bed, one that smelled all too familiar.

Nothing hurt.

Not even his wounds. They were healed, his skin and blood easily repaired and stitched back together.

He smiled bitterly into the sheets that covered him.

But that was his purpose, wasn't it? To never be hurt or weak for Rido. To become a perfect body.

Nothing hurt, anymore.

He felt...numb.

So he closed his eyes, again. Drifting into dreamless sleep and hoping to never wake up.

__________

The next time he opened his eyes, there was a hand on his head.

He looked up, seeing a young boy with brown hair and maroon colored eyes smiling at him.

Hiro smiled, his older brother giving a sweet laugh when he noticed Hiro was awake.

He tried to speak, to mumble something important to his older brother, but he couldn't move. So, he let Kaname stroke his hair, saying words he couldn't fully make out.

But it was peaceful.

Like the old days.

__________

When he woke up, someone was by his side.

Yuki wore a terrible frown, one full of worry and guilt.

Was she worried about him?

What had happened?

"I should've listened." She quietly whispered to herself with a wet voice. It was like she was scolding herself. "Then...this wouldn't have happened."

Hiro pushed himself up slowly.

He startled her, hearing a gasp and a stutter of his name.

"You're awake!" She blurted out, eyes wide.

He gave her a small smile, still tired.

"I'm so glad..!" She said, hugging him.

Before he could move, she pulled back, arms up. "I-I'm sorry!" She waved her hands about. "I'm really glad you're alright! Kaname said you had been stabbed through the heart, so it would take time for you to heal."

Hiro grimaced at the thought. The pain wasn't there, but the ghost of the piercing sword still remained.

And Shizuka's words...

He looked up, smiling.

"Are you alright, Yuki?"

She nodded quickly, furrowing her eyebrows.
"I should be asking you that!" She said with a slight pout.

He laughed at her puffed face.

"And Zero? Is he..?"

Her face fell at the mention of his name.

"...He's been confined to his room." She said sadly. "He refuses to come out."

Yuki looked to Hiro with a kind smile.

"Zero's been asking about you." She twirled her hair, a touch of pink coating her cheeks. Yuki clasped her hands together, fiddling with her finger. "Kaname-sama finally let me come see you. He said you would be asleep for a few days to fully recover."