One Kiss

A/n: Warning, Steamy

Kaname returned in the dead of the night.  

As he expected, the Council had found a way to save Hiro, without having to resort to violence or any disruptions.

He stood before his younger brother's room, knocking twice.

There was no response.

He opened the door, stepping inside.

Hiro sat on the windowsill, a book in hand. It was closed, his eyes on the sky.

Kaname once had to teach him to use a proper bookmark instead of folding the page.

He smiled at the thought while closing the door behind him. "Hiro. I'm glad to see you're here."

He looked up, blinking in surprise. But he smiled nonetheless. "Kaname." Hiro said, reaching his hands out.

Kaname took them, letting himself be pulled closer. Hiro gripped his hands, intertwining their fingers.

"Are you alright?" He said, noticing a glint of sadness in his younger brother's eyes.

Hiro shook his head quickly. "Where did you go?"

Kaname wrapped his arms around Hiro, nuzzling his hair. Hiro buried his face within his coat, eyes closing. "Nowhere far."

A hand ran through Hiro's hair. It was soft and smooth, the curls locking around Kaname's fingers.

Hiro mumbled something into his coat.

"Hm?" Kaname asked with a content smile.

Hiro looked up at his with wet eyes.

"...I'm sorry. For losing control like that before, almost killing the hunters." Hiro told him.

Kaname gave him a kind smile, one that mimicked his younger self.

Kaname placed a hand on his cheek, caressing the soft skin. "It's not your fault."

It still felt like it was. Hiro grimaced and looked down, shame filling his eyes.

He'd heard that Hiro had been assisting the hunters, and was held in a cell.

He was angry.

"I heard the ancestor..." he told Kaname.

Kaname froze again that, her smile filling his mind.

Hiro touched his blue eye, eyes dimming. "And Rido sent a Level E after me. Zero saved me...so much has happened. I don't know what to do." He scratched his head, pulling on a few stranded.

He gave a small yelp when he was lifted from the windowsill. Kaname swooped an arm under his legs and one behind his back.

"Ah-wait!"

He was placed on the bed, his weight making the soft mattress sink a bit. He was surprised when Kaname went to lay beside him.

Hiro smiled, laughing. "You must be tired. You haven't even taken off your shoes or your coat."

Kaname turned his head to Hiro, who sat up and crawled to the end of the bed. He sat on bent knees, untying the laces and setting the shoes at the side of the bed neatly.

He then came back up, undoing the buttons on Kaname's jacket.

Kaname watched with intense eyes, unaware of the smile he wore.

"What is it..?" Hiro asked, tilting his head.

Kaname chuckled. "You're like a doting wife..."

Hiro pouted at his comparison. He pinched Kaname's nose, eyes narrowing with a smirk.